How do I get rid of this?

glospete

Reaction score
So my wife took the car recently and when she got home she announced that she'd "pressed something" and now there are junction details on the left side of the nav screen. I felt sure I knew how to get rid of them but so far no joy? Can someone help me please?
Having lived with this for a couple of weeks I must admit that I am getting used to it (but I'd still like to know where to switch it off!) and I'm especially impressed that it shows a Google street view picture of the destination when you are getting close (although not on the image I've uploaded). I had no idea that it did this.
IMG 0866

It looks to me like it's trying to navigate you somewhere, as that's the only time I get the junction detail. Press the Destination button (the bottom left one by the large dial in your centre console), twist the dial so its on Cancel and then press the large dial down.

It looks to me like it's trying to navigate you somewhere, as that's the only time I get the junction detail.

Yes it is, but when I cancel and put a new route in again it comes up once more!

While in the Nav screen.

Settings----> additional info----> off

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve!, glospete and FR4NC15
The Junction details are default, at least it is for the MMI Navigation Plus for the 8Vs in North America.
Could it be your Nav wasn't pulling Google Maps at first but was pulling the regular Audi Maps?

Reactions: glospete
The junction details were never there before so I think Ric 2001 is probably right. And out of interest I use Google Earth on the navigation all the time so I don't think that has changed.

Yeah mine was also set to on by default. I switched it off as I didn't like how it blocked the screen, but now it's back on again - I find it really useful!

Especially where you have two turns in a row and need to be in the correct lane - i.e. left then left, or left then right etc. The DIS only shows the first turn.