How do i enable dash display 2006 a3.

dallo

Reaction score
I have a 2006 audi a3 special edition.how do I enable the dash display and outside temp display.i have fitted a new temp sensor but still no display.can it be activated through vcds and do I need any extra parts thanks.

Did you get a cable? If not give me a bell I'll pop over and sort you out.

Yh if u have a midline steering module u can enable outs temp and dis. @udi A3 will sort your coding he did mine top job. just buy a new wiper stalk with dis controls and a new indicator stalk with cruise control (as u might aswell add it if u changing the other stalk) parts cost me 50 off eBay from scrapped cars and I cut out my own lower cowling. If u need a new steering ecu they are 30 from breakers and if u buy a highline one u can add mfsw which will cost u a few Bob to add. I never done this so can't say price.
Very easy to fit will take u an hour or 2 if u never done before.
Plenty of guides on asn which show pics step by step. So get googling and ebaying and call @udi a3 to enable it all he knows what he's doing

Are you like me (also listed in that referenced post) - I.e you have a special edition rather than an actual 'SE'.

If so you maybe have no DIS at all? Just different icons that light up in the dash?

Can you take a picture of your dash clocks and your heater/ climate unit?

Are you like me (also listed in that referenced post) - I.e you have a special edition rather than an actual 'SE'.

If so you maybe have no DIS at all? Just different icons that light up in the dash?

Can you take a picture of your dash clocks and your heater/ climate unit?
will get a picture up.

img0796cb.jpg

Yep same as my old A3- lowline clocks so no DIS of any kind. No amount of new wiper stalks can do anything about it. BUT as long as you have an AC button on your heaters / blower control you can enable the Temp and beeping/ snowflake symbol when dropping below 5 degrees. It's just an adaption channel but will need VCDS to do it. Ill try and find the old post with the details in.

I know it doesn't have full climate but my special edition (a few extras over standard) not SE - had an AC button with standard heaters