How do I connect my iPhone to cd/radio

lea323ci

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me how I would connect my iPhone 6 to my radio/cd

I have the Audi concert cd/radio and want to use my phone via the steering wheel , I notice there is a phone cradle in the arm rest

The vehicle is a3 s line 2008 sportsback tdi facelift

Cheers Lea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the reply , I will look at this on eBay , so if I fit this I can use my phone to call and receive calls from my multi function steering wheel ?

the only way to use your phone with the car, is having the bluetooth module installed (which goes under the driver's seat, it has nothing to do with the radio itself)
you car may have controls on the steering wheel but that doesnt mean it has bluetooth connectivity.

also if you get to pair your phone with the car, the bluetooth is only to pick up calls, you cant stream music to the radio via bluetooth.

to pair the bluetooth with the car, simply turn on the bluetooth on your phone and look for devices, and 'audi' following by a number should show up (only in the case your car has it, if your car doesnt, nothing will show up)
once clicked on the audi bluetooth network, the password should be 1234 or 0000, cant really remember, it should be stated on your car manual or the radio manual

to listen to music from your iphone on the radio, i think the only way is through an AUX cable, or buying a separate bluetooth receiver to connect either on the AUX or those pairing to a radio frequency

The existing cradle you have would be for a wired in phone and that was a dealer accessory fit. As said you need to go Bluetooth for your iPhone or a dedicated 'aux' socket fitted.
The eBay link above is just for an iPod not yer iPhone. Have a look at the posts or ask in the ICE forum for ideas, it can done.

Thanks sootysport I have the aux socket by my handbrake so is it a case of connecting my iPhone via the aux socket?

I'm afraid electrical items and wiring are not my strong point I just want to be able to use my phone through the Audi concert radio and steering wheel with becoming a rocket scientist lol

Buy the correct cable and try it. You may need to press the CD button on the Concert twice (treat the CD option as if a multiple CD player is fitted) .
To use wireless/Bluetooth capability for phone and playing music yo will need to change the head unit.

if you go into search and put Aux in you will come across my post where the lads explain how to qire the av connector so your Aux in your car would work .

Cheers ch1z64 I will look at your post , cheers for your help

PS if using the Aux socket near the handbrake you'll have no control over the songs etc from the steering wheel or the headunit, only from the music source itself

Hi I'm not looking to play any music from phone , it's just making and receiving calls from my phone through stereo and using steering wheel to do it with

Cheers for the link I will look at this item , may need to find someone to help fit it , I hate electrical work ahhh !

xD however double check if its compatible with your radio (as there a few models of radio).

Did you check to see if you have bluetooth in tje car as i use it on my phone and seem to be able to do voice command from MFSW not tri3d receiving a call yet mind so that could be a stumbling block .

I did try to find a blue tooth connection but wouldn't find my phone, also my tom tom can't locate my phone either

switch your phone to airplane mod then back to bluetooth , check in the settings off your rnse that bluetooth is enabled ( if you have it it should show up ) if not then you will have to get a bluetooth module

I did try to find a blue tooth connection but wouldn't find my phone, also my tom tom can't locate my phone either

check in settings if it set to: visible.

look in your rnse mk1 and see if it has bluetooth visible if you see nothing then i gather you dont have bluetooth in car . another thing is what iphone does the cradle in armrest work with i am guessing 4 or 4S . maybe better to go to dealership and see if they can help change cradle or advise better

Thanks guys for all the replies I've managed to connect my iPhone 7 to the radio/cd

I searched the car for a Bluetooth interface but couldn't find any , it turned out to be simple , forum member ch1z64 suggested turning on airplane mode then back to Bluetooth, I did that and hey presto iPhone was found just had to enter 1234 and that was it

Now all contacts can be seen on dash and I can make,receive calls by steering wheel voice command . My Audi head unit must have the Bluetooth module installed inside it or its well hidden in the car Happy days
I would've struggled without the forums help

The arm rest cradles for the Iphone were only supported up to the 4/4S after that they stopped due to the advances in Blue Tooth.

It turned out to be so very simple in the end