How do I check which bulb is out?

Genius

Reaction score
I got a bulb out warning light on the DIS but can't work out which bulb it is. Seen a few posts where the DIS says underneath the bulb out icon which bulb but can't work out how to make it do it.

And yes I have been round and checked them all cant spot any bulbs out but have swapped quite a few bulbs for LED so maybe one of them throwing an error whilst still working (which is strange because it's been a while since I last swapped andy and been working fine since I installed them all) and only got an error this morning.

So just need to work out how to get the dash to show like this (photo shamelessly stolen from google)

project-numberplate-warning.jpg

Be a led you've swapped, not sure how you get your text though. Seem to be various roms as i'd like the cruise control in the DIS but mine doesn't support it

Sussed it! It actually wasn't an LED either!

Turns out I have 2 reverse bulbs in mine and one of them is out I didn't notice when checking around the car as I didn't realise I should have 2 reverse lights

For anyone else with a similar issue, the answer is in the manual button number 6 the adjust/test button

zKRUy.png

Reactions: LEE69
Do you not have a Fog light on the back off your car and only 1 reverse light

Sportback has 2 x reverse apparently... For some reason they decided to make the 3 door with 1 reverse light and the 5 door with 2

My sportback as two fog and 2 reverse lights.
You can code the fog lights to work as brake lights too

Sportback has 2 x reverse apparently... For some reason they decided to make the 3 door with 1 reverse light and the 5 door with 2
Me thinking Audi saying people who drive SB need a help from the passemger when they need to Reverse .:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

****** weird....

I took the bulb out to check what type it was so i could check the model to order some replacements the filament looked wonky but not actually blown anyway refitted it and when I turned on the car the warning light was out.

I'd say result but I already ordered LED replacements and they already shipped

itll do that when the bulbs start to go.
so could be a week or so of bulb out warnings on the dash (usually without telling you which one), then itll tell you which one, then itll go.

believe the resistance of the bulb changes when its about to fail, which throws up the bulb error. can get annoying though.

Strangely though the bulb was out when I did a walkround I only had one reverse light. Non issue now I guess as the led bulbs will be here tomorrow or Thursday