How do I bleed the brake master cylinder on my S3?

Bad Sir Culation

Reaction score
Search didn't really help me with this, so if anyone here can explain it, I'd be grateful. Firstly, do I need to worry about Vag-Com? I don't have this yet.

I am planning to use a Gunson Eezibleed for the brake bleed. I have some Dot 5.1 ready to go and would like to get rid of the current spongy pedal that only seems to brake right at the bottom of its travel!

Guessing 20psi on the spare tyre, get the Eezibleed going after first testing the seal on the reservoir, and away we go. But I have read that you must specifically bleed the MC, so how do I do that?

20psi sounds a bit much, 14psi I think it is? It's written on the bottle anyways. I used a socket set to undo/loosen the bleed nipple first, then used a small spanner during the bleed process, then I got my brakes back!

20psi sounds a bit much, 14psi I think it is? It's written on the bottle anyways. I used a socket set to undo/loosen the bleed nipple first, then used a small spanner during the bleed process, then I got my brakes back!

Cool, OK, not read the kit yet :)

So the MC is bled just the same way as the calipers when using an Eezibleed?

Doh, I've gone to do this just now and can't see the bleed nipples on the MC. Could anyone post a pic or tel me where to look?

Nevermind! I was being a total idiot. Once I looked properly I spotted them. Now moved the big pipe out of the way for better access.