How can you tell if you have a DPF fitted?

ecnirp98

Reaction score
Hi

How can you tell if you have a DPF fitted?

I have a May 2008 A3 2.0 TDI 140 Diesel, losing power at around 3000RPM and won't go higher in high gear 4-6, its ok in low gears 1-3, so wondering if it could be DPF? I cannot see any DPF light on the dash when i turn the ignition.

Thanks

From memory I do not think the 140 has a DPF.
Take the car for a scan

I think some of the newer 140s have it though but not sure when it was introduced.

Mines an 08, I have the Audi Service Schedule book with the Vehicle Identification Data sticker in it, can you tell from those codes?

8P2 140pd models= no dpf
8P3 140cr models = dpf. :-(

Hope that helps mate.

Mines a 58, 170. Service book sticker in the middle DPFM6S = DPF,manual 6 speed.

Hope that helps

Cheers, my sticker middle is:

103 KW M6S 04/08
BKD

no mention of DPF, so I'm guessing its not a DPF.

Just trying to rule things out for the power drop out.

Could be a blocked up EGR valve......Audis are prone to it.

I'd heard that, but I was told there would be allot of smoke from the exhaust which I'm not seeing.

The Halfords repair centre gave me code P0234 when they connected to Diagnostics, they said thats booster overload, they said it was turbo related, but were not sure what would cause it without stripping out the turbo, which I wasn't happy about doing there, the car is still drivable and its just top end speed/acceleration that is hit in high gear, I didn't want to end up with a turbo in bits and never working again.

Could the top end speed drop off be 'limp mode' triggering? it never triggers in low gear/high RPM.

Can you tell if you've got one cause your in and out of the Audi dealership constantly lol

Look for option code 7GN - if this is shown then NO DPF is fitted.

You have a BKD engine, so am guessing an 08 plate. You have an 8p2 model 140pd, so no DPF.

You have a BKD engine, so am guessing an 08 plate. You have an 8p2 model 140pd, so no DPF.

Yep, it's an 08 plate, registered May 08, so its 8P2 model, so no DPF, that's something I can rule out then.

Thanks.

8P1= split grille model
8P2= Single Big grille model
8P3= last face lift model 58 plate onwards.

Mine is 8P2 as it was registered May 2008, 08 Plate, 8P3 started June 2008, its the big grille, but I cannot tell difference in pics between 8P2 and 8P3 facelift model !!!!

Thamks

I have seen one 8p3 on an 08 plate btw. Get a photo of your car up so we can confirm

BKD is 03-08 & isnt dpf & not facelift either.