How can I repair this?

DriverN00B

Reaction score
Basically about a month ago, my Pioneer DVD player was stolen from my car. The thieves managed to also rip of a plug from the wiring loom and I'm yet to get this repaired. Driving with no stereo is driving me crazy slowly so really need to get this sorted.

An auto-electrician had a look and said there was no wiring left on the plug (which was still in the car) to solder it back onto the wiring loom, so he needs a plug with more wire on. I'm finding this difficult to locate! Is there anyway I can use Audi repair wires to sort this?

Uploadfromtaptalk1400250041869

That's a picture of what's happened..

Strip it back further, solder/heat shrink 6 inches more wire on to each wire. Looks to be enough there, they'll be more further down.

Then use a picture/wiring diagram to locate the wires In the correct 'hole' in the plug.

It'll be as if it never happened...

I still have the plug with wire ends in so I can see from there which wire goes into which hall, but how would I create like the pin to go into the plug holes?

Not sure if that makes sense :-/

I think you need a new auto-sparky! That's one of the simplest jobs I've seen in ages :)

Reactions: Moffat, RS3dan and DriverN00B
I still have the plug with wire ends in so I can see from there which wire goes into which hall, but how would I create like the pin to go into the plug holes?

Not sure if that makes sense :-/

You can by new pins for plugs on eBay, whether it be female or male versions.

Haven't done an Audi radio, but back in my Peugeot days you could just replace the offending pin in the ISO connector. Surely can't be too different.

Afterall, plugs are just a way of organising your standard spade connector into an aesthetically pleasing article.

Show a picture of your plug and somone with a few terminals might be kind enough to chuck them your way.

Reactions: DriverN00B
Haha think I do JohnE!

You can by new pins for plugs on eBay, whether it be female or male versions.

Haven't done an Audi radio, but back in my Peugeot days you could just replace the offending pin in the ISO connector. Surely can't be too different.

Afterall, plugs are just a way of organising your standard spade connector into an aesthetically pleasing article.

Show a picture of your plug and somone with a few terminals might be kind enough to chuck them your way.

Any idea of what I'd need to search in eBay? I found this >>> Plug 16 PIN JVC Car Stereo Radio Wire Wiring Harness For KD-WC777 KS-FX100 | eBay

On the right tracks? I know what I need in my head, just don't know what to search for!

just go to audi and buy the repair wires
fit them and use old plug.
simple job the auto sparky you used must be thick.

Reactions: DriverN00B