How big is your nest

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
As the title suggests how big is your wasps nest. Went up the attic yesterday only to be attacked by a swarm of wasps (b******s) who were actually trying to attack the lights. So I let them calm down and went back up about 20 mins later to see if I could find the nest....took me a while as my loft is massive and there she was tucked away in one of the corners..........massive mother of a nest......a good 3-4 feet in length....A quick phone call later to the EH folk and hopefully today it shall be removed. I will get pictures as I literally froze on the spot when I saw how big it was and it must of been there for some time and I've been up there alot as I have a Scalextric track up there..........OOooOO!!!!!

Reactions: NHN
i would have ran away screaming! ha hate the ****ers

Reactions: Paradox1
I have to carry an epipen, allergic to the stings of the little f**kers.

We had the council come round and destroy a nest last year, he said when he starts they may get a bit aggressive, I told him to come and let me know when he was done.

I parked down the road and sat in the car :laugh:

Reactions: Paradox1, NHN, Nilz and 6 others
Dude, that's a massive nest! We definitely need some pics. We had an old one up in our loft when we first moved in, but it was about the size of a gold ball :)

I've never seen a nest, but there was one in the roof part of my house extension, we could see the wasps flying in and out between the wall and the roof skirt part. Local Council sprays this powdery stuff in it, it's been done twice in the last 5 years or so.

But talking back about lofts, I had to climb up mine to get something once, and a queen bee of some sort, it was huge!, flew toward the light after I flicked it on! Jumped down and closed the hatch as fast as I could! Called in the exterminators again, and couldn't find a thing in the loft!

Still feel the chills thinking about it!

Jeez, 4ft is mahoosive!

Two cans of RAID, tops taped over to activate, lobbed into the loft from the safety of the steps, close hatch.. Jobs a good un. ;)

Reactions: CHEZ
I was on a plumbing job having to remove the F&E cistern and stumbled across a mahoosive nest. There was roughly 10-15 wasps all at once around me but going for the lead light I was using.
I ran across the rafters and literally jumped out the loft like a girl. Unplugged the light and put the hatch back. I dare say the light is still up there to this day. Hate the *******s!

The guy hasn't been round yet mate and I aint going up there. I switch on the lights just to wind them up as they seem to swarm around them. Dont worry mate your pics are coming.

Its the only thing I run away from nowadays is wasps.......****** hate them but if you think theyre nasty then check this bad boy out.

This is the Japanese Giant Hornet and apparently they are creeping across the globe. These things eat wasps and bees for brekkie.....OOooOO. 1 of these beauties can destroy 40 bees in an hour. A small gang can lay waste to an entire bee colony leaving thousands dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradox1 and CHEZ
I was working in a loft at work and my mate said look to your left, as I turned this huge wasp nest was inches from my face, needless to say I made a sharp exit lol.

I can't stand wasps, they stick you for fun, unlike bees who are all fuzzy and warm until you p*ss them off! lol

Jeez, 4ft is mahoosive!

Two cans of RAID, tops taped over to activate, lobbed into the loft from the safety of the steps, close hatch.. Jobs a good un. ;)

Yep! I've done that before... did it in my mums loft when she had a wasp nest... ;)

not exactly wasps but this was a evil bee.

about 2 weeks ago, I was in the kitchen on a saturday making a fry up. i had the door open while I was doing it. Next thing I hear is a loud humming sound getting louders and louder!. Turned and saw this massive heffalump of a bee, grabbed a newspaper ad went to war(shouting sparta)

It got a few hits and decided it wanted no more and flew out the door.

Sunday -

had the door open and the same Bee came through the door! I knew it was the same one as it wasnt flying straight, still a bit effed up from the beating it got the day before! I didnt have nothing to hit it with so I jumped behind the door and waited for it to go which it did.

Monday Morning -

Wake up, had a shower, then started brushing my teeth. Once I done that I turned around to get my stuf ready for work and what do I see!!!

On the floor crawling towards to is the same bee!

it flew at me,I fell into the bath, grabbing a towel trying to hit the ****** thing!

in the end, it went to the window so I opened it.

Never see it since but im sure its out there plotting its revenge!

Reactions: jojo, Andy Crooks and JudderMan
Right then and here it is.............after waiting 2.5 hours after the boy had poisoned the entrance to the nest I went up to have a wee look. There is another part of the nest thro the cavity part of the wall so its kinda ****** huge!!!!

I might hoover up all the dead wasps and see how many there are dead in the loft.........as there will be quite alot including the queen within that nest.

Reactions: Artimus, jojo, Ghost and 1 other person
Nice one mark!

that is quite a beauty!

take it out and break it open and you will find hundreds of wasp grubs in the honeycombs!

like really fat fury maggots! A brilliant fishing bait when alive!

I aint touching that mate........your lucky you got a photo. And I know they're all dead inside but nah........not for me. Your more than welcome to try it out yourself though and take all the bait:o.k:

I'd be having nightmares if I had a nest like that I have never been stung by a bee or wasp Proberly why I run away from em
Will the nest get removed or do they leave it there?

Go buy 10gallon of expanding foam get those holes filled on the house

That IS impressive! They're frightening to see when the occupants are buzzing around them, and a marvel to look at when they're made safe. It's incredible to think Wasps can do that... just like soft brown paper tissue.

I remember as a kid, me and 5 or 6 mates finding a small field of mown grass! we decided to kick it around a little... well you should have seen us charging around the field & up the road with a cloud of angry wasps chasing us after someone kicked the lid off one, we were screaming blue murder! every one of us got stung at least once that day.

go give it a jab with a finger to make sure they're all dead... I dare ya. :eyebrows:

Attachments

• yao_ming_true_story_plz_by_dras0r-d5pxw97.jpg
    yao_ming_true_story_plz_by_dras0r-d5pxw97.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
The nest isn't removed as its full of poison so next year when they return hopefully as the nest is dead it will deter them and if one should enter then he's dead too. There are actually 2 nests in that picture.....dunno why maybe the larger of the 2 was overcrowded and queenie told them to do one and go find another nest.