How are peoples dipped beams?

nothingness

Welcome to the layer cake, son
On my A5 I have noticed my "fancy" LED headlights are pretty useless at night

- when I accelerate (like when you want to actually see infront of you) they draw in close to you, about a car length in front, so you can only really see on a pitch black road, a few meters in front, forcing you to use main beam which then lights up everything. It's even worse going up hills.

- The right beam might as well not work at all. They are ECE beam patterns with a steep angle and sharp cut off, merged together when driving which creates a kinda V of pitch blackness right infront of the driver...

I don't get who designed these and why. My 8v s3 FL which was older than a b9 A5 had awesome lights, DOT cut offs (pretty much a straight line just staggered slightly lower on the right side) and 4 actual beams with the clever Matrix thing (which i never used). I literally used full beam twice my entire year of ownership the dipped were that good.

If I follow a car my A5 beams are not even touching the back bumper of it.

Pretty hard to get a pic of them as when actually driving the stupid auto levelling moves the beams a good 5 meters back towards you:

You can sort of see it here, but now imagine the entire pair of beams moving 4-5m back...

yOmrwX6.jpeg

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Get it checked in an MOT bay, cause led headlights are better than xenon's, so it has to be positioning.

nothingness

Welcome to the layer cake, son
I read a guide and turned two white screws anticlockwise a bit and it's better now though the screws seemed more for horizontal position than height, the height white screws are missing on my car. It's made it a lot better but the patterns themselves suck.