Hot Turbo Pic

mramage

Reaction score

I took a few pics of my turbo immediately after coming off the autobahn in my A4 (engine still running). I think this pic was after a constant 100mph for about 15 mins or so.

Interesting, after a 10 minute run at 120MPH it was no warmer looking at least. Oh, this was pre-chipping.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifThat will be hot then!! You could warm up your Ginsters slices on that! wonder what the turbo on my A3 looks like after a similar blast?

Mark,

Fantastic photos! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif A real lesson in why you should allow your engine to idle for a few minutes after a hard run.

Christian

Yeah, I had to pull off the Autobahn one night to "water some plants" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif And just out of curiousity popped the hood, at around 11 pm, and the glow coming from behind the engine was kinda purty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

It's always nice to know there's somewhere to fry an egg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I see in my Italian tuning/styling catalogue that they sell lights which fit on your wheel and give the image of glowing red hot brakes when on the move...how useful! So I'm sure they have similar for a pretend turbo, something that glows in the deep lurks of the engine bay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

SAD......

I had a heat shield fall off a turbo'd Big block V8 on a Cougar 46 yars ago, it was so hot you could see the turbine blades spinning down when the engine was turned off.
Never seen one/ looked at one in a car before though!
Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Erm mines quicker than the std reliable norris designs car!
It's not as quick as simon norris's own car though which is 715bhp b ut unreliable as hell! Mines is 450bhp with 400lbft /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif which in an evo which weighs feck all is ****** sh!t off a slippery shovel! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

yeah was talking about simons own car. Budget was allegedly £70k..

450/400 ? nice. Got a graph ? Gone for an ECU or a remap ?

Now that's just silly Barry! I remember you mentioning it at the meet, but that's just mental!!!