Get a new car?

• Yea, newer s3s are faster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh Newman

Reaction score
Hi guys so I'm a little stumped here I have a 2002 audi s3 BAM I've had the car for a little while now and it's just started to not want to start when it's been driven all day. When I turn the car over it will crank but it won't fire up and when it does manage to fire up it will either have a high idle at around 1200 RPM with the epc light on or it will start normally and without any warning after maybe a minute just shut off like I've turned the key. Now I have replaced the following things that has been suggested to other people. I have replaced the engine temp sensor and the crank sensor without any success. Please help

Nothing at all I don't have vcds but I used tourqe Pro and that came up clear

Torque Pro is too basic... It needs a scan with vcds or similar mate... The fact the epc light is on suggests a fault code will be logged... Just need the right kit to yank it out..

Try the vcds user map in the vcds section... See if someone local can scan it

<tuffty/>

Okay brilliant I have managed to get a code up on tourqe but all it said was the engine speed sensor which I already changed would you think it would be anything to do with the car having a remap I forgot to add that in. I had a stage 1 done maybe 3 weeks ago

Sorry for the late reply tuffty. Yea Im sure i cleared the code straight after it was replaced I've been using the car all week and it seems like it only happens when the car hasn't had a chance to cool down when its used all day other than that it works perfectly back and forth places long or short distance

If it's showing a fault code for the crank sensor then the ecu is not happy with the signal its seeing... What is the exact fault code?

Did you use a genuine or Bosch sensor or was it a pattern part?

<tuffty/>

Uh I think the code was po3 somthing I can't remember the exact code but 100% it was po33 I think and I got the sensor from Gsf car parts swindon because euro car parts didn't have it in stock at the time all it said was Gsf standard so I'm guessing it was a pattern part.