1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoseless Washing...

cuke2u Jul 17, 2018

1. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

No I don't mean stockings, but as the northwest, and maybe other parts of the country, are facing hosepipe bans I wonder if any have any recommendations on how to get around this.

I am also trying to wash my car less with a hose to preserve water stocks as well as we've not got one yet.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. MattSedg

MattSedg sportback roof rails enthusiast Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition

I will probably try out my optimum no rinse for the first time, when the ban kicks in start of august

4. cuke2u

I have a no rinse wash as well but that doesn't help as I do not wish to use it over dust, dirt etc. dry, surely, even with a ceramic coat, you will end up with scratches...

5. MattSedg

MattSedg sportback roof rails enthusiast Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition

The onr creators claim it scratches less than traditional soap, as it encapsulates the dirt rather than emulsifying. I'd only ever use it on light dust

jassyo06 and cuke2u like this.
  6. A4A4

A4A4 Well-Known Member

How do the water company's find out that you have used your hose pipe during a ban?

Or is it the neighbours who tell them, usually the ones who comment 'your washing your car again' etc..etc.Blah Blah.

Andy F likes this.
  7. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Supercharged Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

Tis one ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin1984 likes this.
  8. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

yep

Tashfeen likes this.
  9. q5man

don't you just love those comments, like shall I pull my car round. One day I will say out loud...why don't you f*** off, get off your lazy ar5e and wash your own car :rage:

Andy F, martin1984, jassyo06 and 2 others like this.
  10. Staceyf

Staceyf New Member

We have Williams waterless wash and wax it is quite good but I do wet any thing I see on it forest that might scratch eg a bird poo!

cuke2u likes this.
  11. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Supercharged Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

I'll just add, "And mine too"

q5man, martin1984 and jassyo06 like this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. A4A4

A4A4 Well-Known Member

"It's going to rain tomorrow"

q5man, jassyo06 and Tashfeen like this.
  14. luke_m87

luke_m87 Member

"You'll wash the paint off"
    But yes it'll be a nosy neighbour, if they are serious about enforcement then maybe when they do meter readings then they will look for green grass and clean cars, but I would imagine you'd be more likely to get a cease and desist letter of some sort first.
    Alternatively if you have a nice boss or work for yourself I'm pretty sure commercial use is allowed, i.e. you have to keep the car clean for meetings and clean it at the yard.

q5man likes this.
  15. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

No chance of it happening up here in Scotland ye can all come up here and ill wash em..... Charge ye though lol

THQuattro, Andy F, TonkS3 and 5 others like this.
  16. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS4

17. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Team Brill Red Gold Supporter Audi A3

Best thing to do in this situation is to call up a professional in to clean it for you as hosepipe ban’s don’t effect professional valeters & detailers

q5man, terminator x and Tashfeen like this.
  18. cuke2u

Thats a thought, however that will be costly plus I probably would never use a mobile valeter as they will end up using my water supply. Kind of defeats the object of the exercise..

Tashfeen and A4A4 like this.
  19. A4A4

A4A4 Well-Known Member

I'll say

20. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Team Brill Red Gold Supporter Audi A3

I’ve only had less than a handful of issues with using people’s supplies in all the years I’ve been doing it

q5man likes this.
  21. q5man

Ah yes, the you'll wash the paint off one, another common comment.

22. q5man

Looks like you are going to get even busier @FranA3 , you need to open a branch up North :racer:

jassyo06 likes this.
  23. pxr5

pxr5 Active Member Team Mythos A7 Owner Group Black Edition quattro TDi S-line owners group

Bought some ONR the other week when the threat of a hosepipe ban was announced. That, or I may just ignore the ban which is pathetic anyway.

q5man likes this.
  24. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

cuke2u likes this.
  25. mikep99

mikep99 Active Member Team Phantom Audi RS4

heres a link to the United Utilities legal guff about the hosepipe ban in the North West:
    https://www.unitedutilities.com/globalassets/documents/tubfinalweb1.pdf
    if you look at the 'Discretionary Universal Exceptions' bit in the centre column, one of the exceptions is:
    "Cleaning a private motor vehicle using specific low water use apparatus such as pressure washers;"
    so i guess if you've got a Karcher/Nillfisk etc you wont be breaking any rules?!?

We shall see :)

q5man likes this.
  26. Andy F

Andy F S3 quattro Too Darn Soulful!Get You Some A That ! TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro Navarra Blue Classic Sportback S tronic DSG

@q5man
    Jet washed with deionised water last week .
    A bloke opposite came over to stick his ore in , his face was a picture
    when he so my karcher hose was in a 25 Ltr tube .
    LMCO . He washes his FX Jag with a bucket and spoung,
    Oh WHEELS FIRST same bucket.
    AndyF Team Navarra

Tashfeen and q5man like this.
  27. q5man

Haha, nice one

28. Pook

Pook Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Ouch!

q5man likes this.
  29. cuke2u

Sounds the same as the valeters employed in the south at many main dealerships...