1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hose overhaul

S3AMJ Jun 5, 2018

1. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+ Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

Evening chaps,

So I’m looking at overhauling all the hoses on my S3. This is the list I’ve got so far. Any advise is welcome, anyone also had experiences with Creations Motorsport for hoses? I’ve read mixed reviews mainly due to not fitting correctly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

dont forget the ~46 stainless Jubilee clips

4. S3AMJ

Thanks Stu, I have asked if this lot would come with jubilee clips or not. I’m sure if it did they wouldn’t be marine grade SS316. I’m also a little suspect of the turbo to charge pipe pipe.... if it’ll melt! Forge do one which is known for being the best replacement.

5. S3AMJ

Quite the price difference -

Creations motorsport £305.92
    Possibly without clips, with marine grade SS316 clips approx £100 on top.

Forge motorsport £601.53
    With clips

Is the creation motorsport stuff good enough? They claim it’s lined with flurolined..... at least the turbo to charge pipe pipe. The rest is either polyester or nomex.

6. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

I cannot comment although I know the the red turbo to charge pipe hose is made of something different to handle the heat.

S3AMJ likes this.
  7. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Team Dolphin Grey VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro

The only turbo to charge pipe elbow worth fitting in my opinion is the nomex lined Forge one, the cheaper alternatives are well known for splitting and sometimes within a very short period of time.

I’ve tried the CM upper boost pipes but wasn’t impressed with the fitment at all so swapped for Forge which were so much better

I’m also interested to know about the coolant hoses as that is still on my to do list ;)

S3AMJ likes this.
  8. S3AMJ

I think I’d have to agree with you on the turbo pipe bud, like I said it’s a known best replacement. I’m tempted to just go forge motorsport on all the hoses for peace of mind and knowing I’ll get all the jubilee clips I need. Last thing I want to be doing is trimming pipe to make it fit, sending back what doesnt and sourcing loads of different sized jubilee clips.... it’s another £200 odd, but it’s best to invest the money where it matters.

S3 Hilife likes this.
  9. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

I got all my pipes from sfs hoses apart from the turbo one as I was told the standard one that is on is good enough plus it' hidden behind the blanket.
    There was some trimming involvd with them but no big problem and I haven't had a problem with any.

S3AMJ likes this.
  10. S3AMJ

Cheers hydro, I’ll check out SFS before I put my order into forge motorsport. Did yours come with jubilee clips and what grade? I got a reply back from creations motorsport and they said the clips I’d have to buy, the ones they can supply are zinc steel rubbish.

11. hydro s3

I did have to buy the clips. I'm not sure on what grade they where but they have been on a while now and no problems.

S3AMJ likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. 89forever

89forever Member

I used CM's on my 225 TT and had zero issues, I kept the standard turbo red one though as there was nothing wrong with it.

S3AMJ likes this.
  14. S3AMJ

Well I decided to just go with the Forge Motorsport hoses with jubilee clips in the end, quality is as expected from them, they supply with marine grade stainless steel jubilee clips too. I ordered this lot yesterday at 4pm and it arrived today at 1pm! just need to get some time to swap them over. Also noticed that the coolant hose kit consists of 15 hoses in total. Where as all the other kits available only have between 10-13?!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    All in Black to keep it OEM+

S3 Hilife likes this.
  15. hydro s3

Did u get fitting instructions for the coolant one's? If you didn't and need one I have a copy in the house I can post up for you.
    Hours of fun ahead for you.

16. S3AMJ

Haha, I didn’t actually! Wouldn’t be a bad idea posting it up mate. I would have just removed one at a time and replaced it with what looked like it

17. hydro s3

S3AMJ likes this.
  18. S3AMJ

Nice one cheers mate, that’ll will deffo help. Just got to wait a couple weeks now before I can fit them... along with all the other stuff! Gonna be one busy weekend :blink: