hose I.D please

finny

Reaction score
right after battling with this ****** s3 and having changed thermostat and CTS to fix the faults there i found it just isnt boosting as it should for a stage 1 mapped s3 so following my previous thread i have gave the car a quick look over this morning and have found a really suspect hose with a hole in it thank god!!!!

so...the hose as from a non mechanics point of view is just behind the large intake hose which on mine has been replaced with a forge pipe! it is connected directly onto the inlet manifold and then goes upto the circular plastic part?? and also links onto a pipe which disappears into the front of the car???? any ideas please folks as i think this may be my problem it is also very very soft and feels very suspect.

Cheers, Dan

Pics would help but I suspect this is part of the PCV system...

<tuffty/>

pipe_zps0eecbd83.jpg

It's 19mm or 3/4" ID, have a look at the pcv/catch can thread and you'll have plenty of info.

no i havent got the tools to do so il have to put it into a garage! would that show up? im sure when i had the stat done it showed CTS but we wiped them as we had fitted a new one