Horrible noise from rear

Rgrahamvox

Reaction score
Hi, posted a while ago about some issues with my car got some great help so hopefully someone can help with this.

It's a 2007 a3 tdi dsg sportback

I was driving to work and my car started making this horrible noise at 5-20mph, I think from the right rear:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0lHSqc9CSX5

I got out, checked around/under the car, there was nothing dragging on the floor and wheel doesn't look damaged/deformed etc and the tyre is a few months old. I preceded to drive the car home as my garage (which I happened to be outside) was closed. Driving up to 30mph the noise was bad, but then stopped and didn't happen again the whole way home, even at low speeds. There is no other noise and the car was driving fine after this. I had the bearing replaced on the left back a few months ago, I'm thinking/hoping this one has gone now, and nothing more serious?

Another issue I'm having, the traction/abs/steering lights are all on on the dash. Before the abs/traction came on, the traction light kept flashing and car bogged down, and when breaking the pedal almost felt as if it was bouncing/vibrating, not really sure how to describe it. But since the lights have been on it's been driving fine (except wheelspinning a lot) and breaking fine too. And with the steering light, since it's been on the steering is a little bit heavy and feels like it judders when steering whilst not moving.

Hope someone can help, thanks everyone!

check your brake lines as it's clearly some metal sound, can be bushes worn out, springs tend to snaps on back, brake disc shield hit by rock that deformed and scratching on rim or even not tightened enough wheel bolts that came loose. IMHO just lift it and check with visually, flat head screw driver and pry bar.