Horn beeps when alarm is armed

crawleyguy

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my second post of the evening!
When I turn lock my car, the horn beeps to show the alarm is armed. Is there a way to stop this as i sometimes work silly hours and leave it unlocked occasionally so as not to annoy my neighbours.
Your help is greatly appreciated
Iain

You can disable it with vagcom.

I find it useful, and have turned it on on both cars i've owned. Without it you find yourself doing double takes all the time when you lock the car, to ensure it did actually lock properly.

Hi,
This is my second post of the evening!
When I turn lock my car, the horn beeps to show the alarm is armed. Is there a way to stop this as i sometimes work silly hours and leave it unlocked occasionally so as not to annoy my neighbours.
Your help is greatly appreciated
Iain

Hmm which year 8L have you got? Your horn shouldnt sound, its the alarm module which shud make a subtle chirp noise when armed (not loud enough to cause any problem). But then again thats on a facelift...

Last edited:
To do it, Group 35 Cen Locks, look at your software code, convert your software coding to binary and make the 6th bit from MSB (most significant bit) from 1 to 0 then convert it back into decimal.

Then (Recode 07) that decimal with a WSC (work shop code)...

Your alarm chirp will be disabled.

can you turn it on with VCDS-lite. my old a3 had it and i found it useful as i didn't have to double check