1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hood & windows will not close?

Martin B Apr 23, 2018

1. Martin B

Martin B New Member

I have a 2002 A4 V6 2.4 Cab and I tend to leave the hood down and it has been working fine until Saturday and wanted to close the windows - did not work! ried the hood and that did not work either so figured the fuse had gone .. it is ok

Noticed when I tried to close the hood the orange hood symbol appeared on dash and a message saying "Soft top cannot be used" checking this out seems to be a fault.

Someone told me that it could be a sensor .. how do i know where to find these and check them out?

cheers
    Martin B

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. pauldazzle

pauldazzle Well-Known Member

4. Martin B

Martin B New Member

Cheers Paul will have a look ... the local main dealer charges over £80 for the diagnostics before any work !

5. Jonni3

Jonni3 Is making it faster a bad thing ? Team Avus Silver Audi A4 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Try and close it manually first, watch a youtube video on how it's done as it's far easier to watch than me typing.
    Then see if the hood will complete a cycle via the switch, go to be worth a shot ......

6. Roland Wong

Roland Wong Member

Here is the manual convertible top reset procedure...