Honeycombe (RS4 style) front bumper?

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
Hi I’ve had my Audi A4 2.0 Tfsi special edition for a week now I haven’t done anything to it.....yet! But that will be changing very soon, my question is how do I create the rs4 style honeycombe front bumper ie the grille and fog lights?

I can figure out the fog lights easy enough I assume I’ll be fitting the honeycombe around the exsisting grille and cutting home for the fog ect ect let me know if this is correct, with the main grille do I need to remove the front bumper can you remove the inside bit and replace with honeycombe? Is it just a sheet from eBay that you buy? I need a bit of help on this as I want to do it ASAP.

Thanks

Hi, I have done my fog grill with honeycombe mess already.
If you want to do the front grill you would need to remove the bumper, cut out the grill middle and the attach the honeycombe mesh.
Thare are guides on how to on the web.

I have been looking for a mesh grill for my Sline, not easy to find as most aftermarket ones are for non-Sline.
You can fit an RS4 grill, looks realy good, but alot of money.

Ahh I see so it is just a case of cutting off the old and replacing I wasn’t sure if it had certain parts that couldn’t be cut off but if that’s the way it’s done it should be easy then I’ll check the web for tips, the car will be going in for some paint work soon including the front bumper so it will be ideal to do it at the same time then

I’ll have to measure it and get a sheet of eBay later

Thanks norad yeah definitely helpful seems straight forward to me at least I know what to expect, I’m glad the surround is a separate peice that makes life easier for me to paint it black

aftermarket s-line fitment ones are around now, not many , just a case of looking out for them.
I have seen two companies selling them, not sure on quality & fit but maybe worth a look.

Hi Rob, looking for one for mine please post any links please.

Thanks

i'll look back and find the link, one was an ebay seller though so i'd expect them to still be listed, the other was a non ebay website.

I been keeping an eye out recently for one on eBay and google but haven’t seen any yet I’ve just found out my diverter valve has a slight leak so I’ve just bought a dv+ from AMD & also got a new pcv unit and gasket until I decide how to approach the “pcv” issues these suffer with, so I will have to sort that before attempting the grille and fogs, I plan on getting it down to the paint shop by the end of the month so I’ll do it while the bumper is off and post some pics as I go

Now you've start to spend money on your car, it's all down hill now for your wallet ..lol, worth it though , well that's my excuse.:icon thumright::yes:

Reactions: AvantMike
I meshed my fog light grills using some aluminium mesh I had lying around. The easiest method is to fit them to the back behind the horizontal bar, you could try and cut out the bar and possibly more of the plastic around the light bezel but getting a good finish would need some skill and probably filling and painting. They looked ok but as the mesh was small they weren't particularly noticeable. This was before it was glued in place from behind.
DSC 2646 1380x1035
I sold these on eBay and I'm on the look out for some larger hex mesh to match my rs6 style grill.
DSC 2724 1380x1035

You can just make out the fog mesh here but it gets lost on the car as below
DSC 2746 1380x1035
the rs6 grill i made following the nicks car blog instructions and using a repro rs6 grill from eBay.