Honeycomb grille mesh on sline bumper?

I have a spare s line grill that I’m going to cut out but may leave number plate bracket in the middle that way the mesh I have from eBay would cover the whole grill, it should look like this......... I hope
8e05a8d7be03549b39fc72bce7f85185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen the front end before somewhere..:icon thumright:

Reactions: tr7
I'm in the middle of this myself. RS6 grill on ebay for about £150-175 fits the S Line frame (it's slight taller but at least covers the area you need to trim to).
I'm testing glues to figure out how to fix the mesh to the frame - any suggestions?

Tiger seal works very well.
I saw that recommended elsewhere too, thank Rob - I have a tube sat in the shed to try also. Araldite didn't seem to do a great job, Araldite metal worked well as did an unbranded epoxy. I'll give the Tiger Seal a go.
Also - once you cut away the inner parts of the OEM grill, the frame becomes fliiiiiiiimsy. watch out.

And the likely hood of one finding an aftermarket rs4 style grille in the correct s-line size format is like rocking horse plop, they are not available chaps.
There was a guy in Australia doing one but he's long gone.
All the aftermarket s-line/rs4 copy grilles on ebay etc are non s-line fitment or for DTM, even if they say s-line it wont fit, don't believe me , buy one and see.

With my old b6 I bought some honeycomb mesh and bonded it into the surrounding trim.
Why not make your own using a donor bog standard grill to experiment on?

Reactions: AvantMike
With my old b6 I bought some honeycomb mesh and bonded it into the surrounding trim.
Why not make your own using a donor bog standard grill to experiment on?
Thats what i been doing the last few days and its not turned out terrible but its by far my usual standard but I'm stuck with it now lol, i wrapped the outside in some left over carbon and thats the bit I'm not happy with the most but I've really gone past point of caring at this point lol ill source a proper black optics grille when i can afford to and just swap the frames over.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and AvantMike
Thats what i been doing the last few days and its not turned out terrible but its by far my usual standard but I'm stuck with it now lol, i wrapped the outside in some left over carbon and thats the bit I'm not happy with the most but I've really gone past point of caring at this point lol ill source a proper black optics grille when i can afford to and just swap the frames over.

piccy's .:yes:

So.....here is the grille now before you scroll down let me explain.

I'm really not happy with the splitter and tomorrow its coming off and the cupra one going back on (for now) kind of like the RDX one so may look into that, anyway the grille, the mesh part has worked to a certain degree its hard to tell in pictures but you can see the intercooler a lot more now the fit and finish is very average for my liking but its ok I can live with it (I think) my issue is the grille surround and number plate holder I had to wrap them in some left over carbon wrap which I HATE! really don't like fake carbon things but its what I had to work with left over from mrs interior as I didn't want to re paint it as its chipped badly since last year and I haven't got access to the shop anyway and I didn't have any gloss black wrap (not that I'm going through that pain in the *** job again) so im left with a very poor looking grille surround, ill keep an eye out for a black optics grille when I can but for now ill have to stick with it, oh and my fog surrounds are slightly poking out haven't got access to a grinder yet but when I can ill take some off the back so it sits flush again (intercooler pipes pushing it out).

Also the 4 Audi rings I always wanted to keep on but as there's no mounting point now I've had to remove some tabs on the back and sealed it on.

P.S also hate my number plate! as there metal the paint has chipped on them as well and slightly faded will look into some 4D plates soon.

P.P.S not sure if you can tell but I'm generally not happy with it at this time :angry:

New grille
Grille 2
Grille 3
New splitter

Reactions: TOM.S, AvantMike and Charlie Farley
It's not that bad Ricky, and I was going to say , that splitter needs to come off as its just not right on the b7 .
The b7 form is a very well rounded and flowing shape with very few sharp angles etc, that splitter is the complete opposite, well I think so , but your choice Ricky.
Another thing that looks a bit odd to mme but could just be the image, your bonnet gap looks very strange in the centre Ricky , almost as if it is bulging up.

mesh looks good.
metal plates , well I hate them full stop so I wont get into that subject.lol

Anyway, a good start Ricky and it will keep you busy for a little bit longer.

That splitter has been bugging me for a few mins now and looks familiar , I've seen the style recently.
Now I know why.
2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-front-three-quarter-02.jpg

looks fine on a type R but not on your B7 Ricky.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Lol it does look like that type r one don't it haha yeah it’s definitely coming off tomorrow it wasn’t what i thought it would be I've faced the car the opposite side on the drive as well facing the fence as I'm ashamed of it at the minute lol.

Yeah i just noticed that gap cant say I've ever noticed that before ill investigate that tomorrow may well be the picture there was no signs of damage or previous paint in the bonnet so ill look into it tomorrow when changing the splitter over.

You've done a good job there Ricky, the grill looks fine. Glad you put the 4 rings on, an Audi needs to wear those.
Yes the splitter is just wrong on a B7, fine for a Honda.

Is the the underside of your valance centre small gap squashed a bit too?

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
You've done a good job there Ricky, the grill looks fine. Glad you put the 4 rings on, an Audi needs to wear those.
Yes the splitter is just wrong on a B7, fine for a Honda.

Is the the underside of your valance centre small gap squashed a bit too?
Thanks i think its because I'm comparing the wrap to a mixture of a paint finish and the carbon boot spoiler and it isn't anywhere near the same quality, yeah you have to keep the 4 rings on :icon thumright:

Defiantly agree the splitter has to go and yeah it is slightly pushed on the one side previous owner must of hit a curb or something.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
I can confirm that RS mesh into an SLine grill requires a LOT of dremel work.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Ricky Burrows
I can confirm that RS mesh into an SLine grill requires a LOT of dremel work.
Yeah I got bored and just wacked it in really don't look bad but not up to my usual standard if I had the patience id make it look amazing but as you said requires a LOT of fine adjustments, post a pic up when your done with it mike just don't show mine up to much ay lol

Reactions: AvantMike and Charlie Farley
I have done mine finally just got to fit it too the car now
13e974060e9777a2a4ed3fbf4b98065a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TOM.S, AvantMike, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
That's the finished article, went for the number plate panel as I've got sensors and couldn't see a decent way of keeping functionality whilst doing full mesh.
Audi Grill RS

Reactions: TOM.S and Stu_b7
Did you use the rs6 grille mike?
Sorry mate I didn’t read all of the previous posts, yeah I don’t think it’s at all OEM (£120 off fleabay) but it’s advertised as RS6 replacement grill. The fitment is juuuuust off, luckily too tall rather than short. The width at the lower part fits almost perfectly, the top is too wide. I didn’t fancy the chances of 90degree epoxy connections staying in place for long, so used as much of the RS frame as I could, just shaved it with dremel for a good couple of hours to get it to fit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A6-C6-4F-RS-STYLE-2004-2011-GLOSS-BLACK-HONEYCOMB-DEBADGED-MESH-SPORT-GRILL/254399044885?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item3b3b5d5d15:g:ppIAAOSw~uFdscoZ
I think this is the one I bought, ditch the frame outer and the face (the chrome bit on sline-but gloss on this product, just won’t fit) get yourself a backup sline grill (found one for £30) and away you go
Ah i see i wont be going through that faff again just curious to know how you did yours it looks great

Reactions: AvantMike