Honeycomb Grill Swap for S3 8V (2015 with Parking sensors and ACC)

Craiggallan

Hi All,

First time posting on this.
I am looking at swapping the standard S3 grill on my car to the RS3 honeycomb... however I cant seem to find any that have the holes for the Parking Sensors, or the slot for the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

Preferably I would like to have the Black Honeycomb grill, with S3 badges, and the lower Quattro sign... however I think that because that is where the ACC is, it wouldn't work out right?

My questions are therefore;
Has anyone with an 8V with Parking Sensors and ACC done a Grill swap before? If so, what one should I buy?
If I bought the Quattro variant, would obscuring the sensor stop the ACC and Cruise Control from working?

For reference, I have included a photo of mine here;
Front Bumper.jpg

Any help would be a greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Craig :)

JonnyS3

Gold Supporter
Couple of points from me...

I’ve got a pfl S3 but don’t have front park sensors or ACC so can’t give you the full answer. @creweaudiparts can likely help you as they did with me - I got an RS3 grille from them.

But it obv doesn’t have an s3 badge and I’ve not found a good way of doing it - so currently running without an s3 badge. The mounting mechanism for honeycomb and the original grille is different.

5B13691F-B5E8-440D-BAF7-E259D79438A8.jpeg

I do suspect the parking sensors bit is easy however I seem to remember from googling many folk need to fudge a cut out of the grille for ACC

Craiggallan

Ps also see you’re in Scotland. Welcome.
Where abouts ?

Thanks for the response, after looking at this from a while I have seen conflicting comments from other people on other threads and wanted to get to the bottom of it before I end up ordering the wrong parts.
Yeah from what I can see, I should be able to get one with the Parking sensors easily, but cant find any with the proper cut-out for the ACC... Don't think the RS3 had this as an option... so might need to cut this bit out.

Car looks amazing btw, did you de-chrome the right and left intakes yourself?
And Im in the Lanarkshire area... yourself?

Thanks.

JonnyS3

Gold Supporter
Thanks for the response, after looking at this from a while I have seen conflicting comments from other people on other threads and wanted to get to the bottom of it before I end up ordering the wrong parts.
Yeah from what I can see, I should be able to get one with the Parking sensors easily, but cant find any with the proper cut-out for the ACC... Don't think the RS3 had this as an option... so might need to cut this bit out.

Car looks amazing btw, did you de-chrome the right and left intakes yourself?
And Im in the Lanarkshire area... yourself?

Thanks.

Just outside edinburgh.

Nah my wrapping skills certainly aren’t up to scratch so I had shore wraps in Glasgow do the side grille and also the piece at the top of the rear diffuser. Was done in a few hours and still looking good.

JonnyS3

Gold Supporter
By the way I should say - I bought a grille from aliexpress but while it was being shipped I bottled it and bought OEM.

It’s never been on the car but was bought from a supplier which someone in the facelift thread in here used and said there was no issues.

If you wanted it to practice the ‘cut out’ I’m sure I could think of a price which would work - ie not close to the £140 odd I paid.