Honest Opinions - Scorpion Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes?

MB RS3

Reaction score
Hi All,

2 weeks to the day until i get my 3
:drool: and I'm already looking at doing a few little modifications to it!

As the title suggests really, what's your thoughts positive or negative on the bypass pipes?

Are they worth it? Does it give a nicer note? (I'm guessing it does!)

Also how does it tie in with Insurance? What do you guys class them as to your insurer?

Look forward to your replies! (Apologies if there are already threads asking this question)

Thanks,

Mal

Hi All,

2 weeks to the day until i get my 3
:drool: and I'm already looking at doing a few little modifications to it!

As the title suggests really, what's your thoughts positive or negative on the bypass pipes?

Are they worth it? Does it give a nicer note? (I'm guessing it does!)

Also how does it tie in with Insurance? What do you guys class them as to your insurer?

Look forward to your replies! (Apologies if there are already threads asking this question)

Thanks,

Mal

1) Positive on the bypass pipes, 2) Yes they are worth it (for me), 3) Yes they give a nicer note (but I have Tinnitus also), 4) Insurance is Plus £10 with RAC as they understand the secondary cats and a nickable item, and 5) as a modified exhaust system.

But you need to try the standard arrangement first or you may not notice the difference.

And you said it was gonna be today Mal :sadlike: even I was getting excited...

1) Positive on the bypass pipes, 2) Yes they are worth it (for me), 3) Yes they give a nicer note (but I have Tinnitus also), 4) Insurance is Plus £10 with RAC as they understand the secondary cats and a nickable item, and 5) as a modified exhaust system.

But you need to try the standard arrangement first or you may not notice the difference.

And you said it was gonna be today Mal :sadlike: even I was getting excited...

Thanks for your reply as always John!

I will wait until I've had it a month or so then look towards the mod!

Ahh i know tell me about it... was really looking forward to today aswell.. but i can manage to hold on 2 weeks... (i think, just... lol)

Reactions: 45bvtc
Yes defo worth it.
Better exhaust note.
Classed as an exhaust modification with Admiral. Cost unknown as declared when policy switched to them.

Cheers for the reply mate. I will definitely be looking into this shortly!

Reactions: Mr_Freeze