Hold the front page on DUMP VALVES

Right... thats it then, sorted, I want a 1.8T with "whoosh"!

2005 baby... here I come!

Go for it ....

My Bailey dv26 Atmos valve also works a treet

Have a good festive season everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

good to see you carrying on despite all the setbacks !

I'm also really looking to do this to my S4, I kept being told that my car will "stall" without diverter valves as the MAF needs the charged air back.

Leezaze, can you get pics of the DV and BOV together ?

that would be great !

never seen an s4 with atmospheric dump valves before, would be interesting! however i dont think you would be able to do this on your engine for the shere factt hat i dont know where you would have enough room to mount them!
i would recommend that you contact bailey motorsport and see if this can actually be done!
good luck!

Olly mate the OEM DV is still where it should be and the BOV is fitted on the cold side of the intercooler throttle body pipe, all i did was fit a 1" bit of vac pipe to the vac manifold outlet and then tee of from it to feed both DV nad BOV...if you follow.
Heres a pic to show you.

dont understand all this hassle personally if you want a dump noise and for the car to run as normal run something like a carbonio pipe/filter and fit a piston aftermarket recirculating valve such as the DV30,

i'm running a stainless intake pipe with a custom splash guard on my filter and a hyperboost diverter valve and sounds like a supra style blow off noise

im running the DV26 atmospheric also but having no problems. lee is after modifications to his car that not many other people have done, and getting a BOV to work correctly is somthing that only about 5 of us have managed to fo!

[ QUOTE ]
im running the DV26 atmospheric also but having no problems. lee is after modifications to his car that not many other people have done, and getting a BOV to work correctly is somthing that only about 5 of us have managed to fo!

[/ QUOTE ]
Make that 6! I have fitted the DV36 (same as the DV26, but with a trumpet on it) to my S3 and I can confirm that it works fine!

The only problem is I get the same 'dagadaga' sound after dumping. Bailey are sending me a new DV36 which will have an uprated spring and hopefully that will resolve that. The noise is either wastegate chatter or compression chatter, or it could just be air in the induction kit. Will find out tomorrow when I fit the new uprated DV36.

£33 for a dump thats expensive!!! Ha ha.

What sort is it atmospheric or resurculting?

If its atmospheric you need the Bailey fitting kit which is under £60.

If its a resurc. you should just fit it inplace of the standard unit.

Cheers

Yeah all you need then is the fitting kit call rally design www.rallydesign.com they supplied me one for cheaper then bailey themselves could. Delivery takes a little longer but they are cheaper.

Part number is FK96

Price delivered £56.40.

Hope this helps cheers.

Hi peeps,

Sorry i have been away for a while, nice to se the thread still going.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just letting you all know my car is still running 100% problems free .

Lee.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi all

Can anyone clear my mind with this??? what is the difference between a Dump valve and a Diverter valve? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I was thinking of fitting one of them to my tdi, is this an option?? and fitting a K&N filter panel???

many thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi everyone ;-) i've been allowed back ........yey :->

Hi S6tdi, as far as i know you cant fit an atmos dump to a derv engine......anyone else ??

The K&N wont give you ANY power gains but it will make it sound a little different, some like it some dont, your call !
It most probably wont upset your MAF if indeed you have a MAF but it could !

Hope iv'e been impartial as i would hate to "whore" the post.

Lee.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone ;-) i've been allowed back ........yey :->

Hi S6tdi, as far as i know you cant fit an atmos dump to a derv engine......anyone else ??

The K&N wont give you ANY power gains but it will make it sound a little different, some like it some dont, your call !

It most probably wont upset your MAF if indeed you have a MAF but it could !
I do have a maf and just renewed it

Hope iv'e been impartial as i would hate to "whore" the post.

Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lee you have cleared a few things for me and saved some money?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
Only 1 question left Diverter valve or dump valve what is the difference and why cant i fit either????

[ QUOTE ]
Hi S6tdi.

If your intent on getting that "whoosh" have you concidered an electronic one ? they sound cool and fit any type of car.

Cheers,
Lee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear, mate they sound awful. I have heard of dump valves working on diesels but they are more expensive and not worth the effort. Ive just ordered a new dump valve for my A3, i get bored too easy, this is number 11 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif Every single one ive had, both recirc and atmospheric, have worked a treat on my A3.

Thanks guys for clearing that up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Looks like i will have to save for the remap and exhaust then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Any one else fitted a BOV to an s3?

Any pictures?

And how long a job is it?

What BOV have you got?

What are the cost's for a fitting kit and a BOV?

I want to fit a BOV to my car which I have got (TurboSmart) and tried in place of the standard DV but it doesn't sound everytime so I tuck it of, after reading a few posts It seems it needs to be fitted into an intercooler hose.

no as far as im aware we have only got them on 1.8t non s3 but bailey do do a s3 kit and yes they do have to go in to the intercooler pipe or else they dont run correctly

I've had the Bailey Atmospheric DV on my S3 for a few months.

It works well with no problems at all.

I personally have become bored of the "whoosh" noise when I change gear, so I'm going back to re-circ.

Bailey Evo Twin Piston atmospheric DV for sale if anyone is interested.

Well mines been working fine no real issues other than on freezing morning when it wont vent for the first 15-20 min's depending on outside temps, but even then the car runs fine.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why it would not vent for that little while. Mine is ok all the time!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think it’s the cold.

Now the weather is not so cold there have been on issues at all.

im not sure if anyone has seen mine its a baileys Dv36 Twin piston

Ive had the dumpers on since aug 2005 and ive been keeping a close eye on my Vag-com all the time.

im pleased to say no faults whats so ever and it sounds great

the big test will be to see if my times at the pod change ??
8e8779e3.jpg

after i saw you dumpers lastyear when i posted about them i had to get one was gonna get the same one as you but there not cheap at all but i did see a few on ebay

Yeah i got my one cos it wanted to have the option to recurculate if i wanted and because i never knew about the relocation kit when i bought mine.

leezace said:
Hi everyone, seem to be running this subject through 2 threads at the mo, very confusing.

Anyway here is an intresting web site for you to check out.Read about their GFB BOV's mmmmmm !

ENJOY !

Have 2 of them which i fitted on my S4 but they are too quiet for my liking!
I had the partial re-circ ones which dump to atmosphere at full boost.