Hit lampost in snow :( back end came out.A3 sportback

grantDUBshaw

Reaction score
On my way to work i casually drifted into a lampost :/ peed off aint the word but however it aint too bad, i have scuffed the rear bumper and knocked out a reverse sensor, :( need a new sensor, just the one! 57 plate dolphin grey s-line but im not sure if they are after market or factory, theres a speaker in the rear passanger side by the boot, wondering if anyone knows somewhere abit cheaper because audi are after just short of a 100£ for one sensor!

Cheers :)
Grant

On my way to work i casually drifted into a lampost :/ peed off aint the word but however it aint too bad, i have scuffed the rear bumper and knocked out a reverse sensor, :( need a new sensor, just the one! 57 plate dolphin grey s-line but im not sure if they are after market or factory, theres a speaker in the rear passanger side by the boot, wondering if anyone knows somewhere abit cheaper because audi are after just short of a 100£ for one sensor!

Cheers :)
Grant

Take a pic of the sensor and post it up. If there is any writing around the actual sensor as well put that up too.

When oe of my sensors went faulty I managed to get a 2nd hand one off of german ebay for IIRC £35 - painted to the correct colour too. Its worth a look there.

I bought one off ebay about 3 months ago,£25 brand new in the right colour as well,which was a bonus.

Im in london working at the moment, ive havent had time to check if its just the cover broke off or if ive broke the whole sensor! ****** me off so bad. Have the factory fitted sensirs got a speaker in the back corner off the passenger side in the boot that beeps or doea it come out the speakers? And also if they are factory, can i just wire the one back into the loop of sensors? Ill upload a picture soon as i get back

Cheers.

Right... i checked my car and the actual unit is still inside the bumper just hanging, the cap that goes on the outside of the bumper has gone, so therefore i have everything buy the colour coded cap :D found out someone who did alot of my body work on my old mk4 golf which was euro'd :) hes quoted me £90 to sort out the back bumper and spray it :) very happy! so therefore its just down to finding a cap... the actual sensors look like this ... Reversing Dark Grey Parking Sensor Kit 4 Reverse Audi A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 | eBay

So im after the colour coded cap if anyone knows if you can just put on a new cap or if they come fixed as one unit?

Cheeers :D

if it looks like that then they are after market sensors as oem ones just clip into the brackets that are fitted to the rear bumper.
the buzzer on the oem setup sits on the drivers side just behind the rear seats beneath the plastics.