Hissing noise? Pcv maybe? Help!

Cambaines

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting a slightly bad idle that you can hear and a intermittent hissing noise from my engine, it sounds like it's coming from the PCV, any ideas if this could be the cause? I had my inlet off a couple of months ago for a thermostat change, the cars booked in for a map next month so I really want to get it sorted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image1462525432832847

Just popped my finger in one of the holes and this is what I got, is this normal? Little bit sludgy like

Is the one way valve working in the pcv in the pics you are putting your finger into the engine side in there will be oil in there

I've just put it all back together guessing the one way valve is the valve on the left of the picture? And yes the one on the right is the one with the pipe that goes down to the right on its own

Just took it back off and it seems to move freely when I shake it yes :/ getting on my t1ts this

Is that a diesel. Pcv is gone get a new one as soon as you take the filler cap off it should act like it's going to stall.

not just the loud tfsi engine! When I take the cap off it does sound like its gonna stall but there is suction, don't think the video worked I will try again

If I was you I would just change it for the sake of £45 and than you know it's 100% if you still have suction than start to look elsewhere

Good plan, think that's what I'm gonna have to do, turbo engines are full of one way valves that can go, I could be entering a mine field here, cheers for your help pal