Hire car roulette

gordie1973

Reaction score
This actually should be placed in Rants and Raves......

Booked a hire car in Dublin, my company has preferential rate with Avis, so booked an intermediate car with them. Website says VW Golf 5 Dr, Ford Focus 5dr, Vauxhall Astra 5Dr are the options.......

Collected the car, what was it!?!!!!!?

One of those 'UP' things or the skoda version...

Reactions: gordie1973
...... I must be able to take them up on some sort of breach of contract..... I mean, not even in the same league!!!'

It sounds absolutely terrible !

Last time I hired a car with Avis ( Belfast) I was offered an upgrade for £10 per day to a Audi TT roadster 2.0t..... Needless to say I happily accepted and paid the difference myself , although the 8 month pregnant wife was slightly less than impressed!!!!

It sounds absolutely terrible !

Yup, rattily, squeaky, uncouth.... That's just the engine, don't get me started on the interior.

Ok, and I appreciate its a first world problem.... And I've had a couple of glasses of wine, but it's only because I want to have an hangover tomorrow to dull my 150 mile drive up north....

Leave it in Dublin and get a bus?

Reactions: b16 will
Top top, book an auto. Yes they are normally a bit more but small auto's are rare so are almost gurenteed a free upgrade

Sorry to bring this post back up with a bump.....

Would you believe it, I only got a ruddy speeding ticket through the post today whilst driving the thing..... €80, and 3 points.... Which admittedly they can't place on my UK license

The God of slow Japanese diesels obviously is a fan of this page on the forum and thought he would strike me down.,. Damnit

Suggestions for paying the fine ironically?

Sorry to bring this post back up with a bump.....

Would you believe it, I only got a ruddy speeding ticket through the post today whilst driving the thing..... €80, and 3 points.... Which admittedly they can't place on my UK license

The God of slow Japanese diesels obviously is a fan of this page on the forum and thought he would strike me down.,. Damnit

Suggestions for paying the fine ironically?

No doubt Avis are whacking on some sort of handling fee too

Avis in America are pretty good if you are avis prefered. you can pick any car you want when you are there and they just check you out as you leave the car park and you pay the extra. They should bring that out here I think

I'm still trying to understand what your complaint is when I'm paying £3 a day extra for this upgrade!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434484878323410

As you can see, my son and his friend are a lot happier now they are out of the car!!!

Reactions: Blackwhite
Result! I didn't have to pay the extra £63 for the car. They obviously felt sorry for me.