Hill Hold retrofit and High beam assist on the cards

dandav1985

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone ever retrofitted Hill Hold Assist to their 8V, my 2014 S3 stronic didn't come with it. So I've ordered the switch from TPS, just need the wiring loom. Any help or pointers would be great.

Also ive seen on eBay this kit for High Beam assist anyone tried them, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A3-8...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 once I have done the Hill hold, i'm going to buy this and try it out. My car comes with the mirror package but always fancied this mod.

Cheers Dan

No idea on the retrofit tbh but what I will say is the high beam assist is great if you live out in the sticks, if not the high beam wont activate.
I've just had a week in deepest darkest Wales and it's the only time its ever worked properly

Reactions: dandav1985
No idea on the retrofit tbh but what I will say is the high beam assist is great if you live out in the sticks, if not the high beam wont activate.
I've just had a week in deepest darkest Wales and it's the only time its ever worked properly

Deepest darkest Wales, I like it!

I'm thinking of adding it to the order for my RS3, used it for a short time on an A6 Allroad courtesy car and it was amusing!

Deepest darkest Wales, I like it!

I'm thinking of adding it to the order for my RS3, used it for a short time on an A6 Allroad courtesy car and it was amusing!
HaHa, some cracking roads down there and no traffic:racer:
Yeah it was great seeing it actually working for the first time!

Reactions: AudiNutta
HaHa, some cracking roads down there and no traffic:racer:
Yeah it was great seeing it actually working for the first time!

I'm from South Wales, near Newport/Cardiff. The Brecon Beacons are an hours trek away from me, the roads are so open that you can get yourself in trouble easily.

Just had a short break to West Wales, found the roads down that way fantastic.

Not far then from where we stayed in llanishen, which is between chepstow and Monmouth.
We were down in Newport a few times inc. F&B's and Tesco's
My dad lived near Aberystwyth then Cardigan until he passed away, I learnt from my trips down there how nice but unforgiving the roads can be.
To the OP, sorry for going off topic but basically if you drive under street lamps all the time, you'll never get the benefit of high beam assist. If you don't then it's worth it.
As for hold assist, if it's the same as the 8P platform it requires the correct abs module. I can tell you what mine is if it helps

Not far then from where we stayed in llanishen, which is between chepstow and Monmouth.
We were down in Newport a few times inc. F&B's and Tesco's
My dad lived near Aberystwyth then Cardigan until he passed away, I learnt from my trips down there how nice but unforgiving the roads can be.
To the OP, sorry for going off topic but basically if you drive under street lamps all the time, you'll never get the benefit of high beam assist. If you don't then it's worth it.
As for hold assist, if it's the same as the 8P platform it requires the correct abs module. I can tell you what mine is if it helps

That's to the East of me, but very close.

Cardigan is very close to where we were, but stayed just outside Tenby. Depends on what roads you speak of really, even the main roads connecting the small towns seem to be pretty fun.

Not sure whether to spec the High Beam Assist for £150 or not, I don't drive often at night but it's a gadget.

That's to the East of me, but very close.

Cardigan is very close to where we were, but stayed just outside Tenby. Depends on what roads you speak of really, even the main roads connecting the small towns seem to be pretty fun.

Not sure whether to spec the High Beam Assist for £150 or not, I don't drive often at night but it's a gadget.
I have it, but seems the price has gone up since PFL days... I paid £75 or £100 I'm sure

But I have to say it is THE best value for money feature on my car... love it! :D

Reactions: OST and AudiNutta
I have it, but seems the price has gone up since PFL days... I paid £75 or £100 I'm sure

But I have to say it is THE best value for money feature on my car... love it! :D

My order is locked down because it's Exclusive, but I was able to add TPMS and I assume this is because it isn't a visual feature. Hopefully I can add High Beam Assist, but otherwise won't kick up a fuss about it.

Reactions: azibux1
My order is locked down because it's Exclusive, but I was able to add TPMS and I assume this is because it isn't a visual feature. Hopefully I can add High Beam Assist, but otherwise won't kick up a fuss about it.

Have you not gone with matrix LED's?

Have you not gone with matrix LED's?

Nope, wanted to but the salesman told me they aren't really worth it in his opinion. But I've just taken off the Driver Assist Pack to save money (£1250), the cars total price is still £53,200 and it's enough for me! But I would have liked them :(

Hello,

Cheers for the replies. I've ordered the loom for the Hill hold, Hopefully itll just need coding and away it goes. I remember my old 8p having hill hold don't understand why this one wouldn't lol. As for the high beam assist, taking to the company i'm ordering the mirror and loo off its compatible.

Cheers dan

Hello,

Cheers for the replies. I've ordered the loom for the Hill hold, Hopefully itll just need coding and away it goes. I remember my old 8p having hill hold don't understand why this one wouldn't lol. As for the high beam assist, taking to the company i'm ordering the mirror and loo off its compatible.

Cheers dan
Hey, how did it go fitting HHA? I'm interested in doing it