Hill Hold Assist

itchyhippo

Reaction score
So I'm under the consensual opinion that Hill Hold cannot be activated on facelift A1's/S1's - however, i've just treated myself to ODBEleven for Christmas. Their app/forum seems to suggest Hill Hold is possible using the following coding;

Hill Hold Assist Activation
Select Control unit 03 (brake / ABS)
Control unit coding
Byte 16 and Bit 0 Activate
Adaptation
Select Berganfahrhilfe
Adjustment:
0 = Berganfahrhilfe "Normal"
1 = Berganfahrhilfe "Early"
2 = Berganfahrhilfe "Late"

Anyone know if this is true? Worried about messing something up if I try code it and it doesn't work.

Taa!

how would that work exactly when its a manual handbrake?
Just checked the Audi website and HHA is an option. A bigger surprise is that I couldn't see BOSE as an option....only Audi Sound System - is this right?

So I'm under the consensual opinion that Hill Hold cannot be activated on facelift A1's/S1's - however, i've just treated myself to ODBEleven for Christmas. Their app/forum seems to suggest Hill Hold is possible using the following coding;

Control unit coding
Adaptation
Select Berganfahrhilfe
Adjustment:

Anyone know if this is true? Worried about messing something up if I try code it and it doesn't work.

Taa!

HHA works on mine, 2015 model

Is there a button to active HHA, or is it just active at all times? This has me entrigged now.

If activated it will just work when the car detects it is on a hill. No need to press anything or do anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It activates if you are sitting on a hill with your foot on the brake, say at traffic lights, when you take your foot off the brake the car stands still for a few seconds (maybe 3secs tops) whilst you get in gear and move off. If you don't get in gear quick enough and have foot off the brake, it deactivates and the car rolls back.

It activates if you are sitting on a hill with your foot on the brake, say at traffic lights, when you take your foot off the brake the car stands still for a few seconds (maybe 3secs tops) whilst you get in gear and move off. If you don't get in gear quick enough and have foot off the brake, it deactivates and the car rolls back.
This is not Hill Hold Assist. Both my S1 and old A3 had this feature you mention, but HHA will apply the brakes for as long as you are stationary and until you go to pull away again. I have HHA assist on my new A4, and it is a great option to tick on any new car.

I just looked at my build sticker in the boot and plonked it into a decoder.

"PRCode: UG4 = Hill hold control + comfort driving assist"

i can activate this feature if anyone looking for assistance with this

Reactions: Gralegav
Just learn to drive......

Reactions: lfcrule1972

Control unit coding
Adaptation
Select Berganfahrhilfe
Adjustment:

Taa!
Does anybody know how to activate this with the use of VCDS software?

Hi guys,

I’m new to Audi this week - my previous car had HHA but not something that seems to be in my A1 (2015 model) is there anyway of activating this or does it have to be fitted when new?

Thanks