Hill Hold Assist.

And the Audi HA fanboys always invariably resort to the Apple fanboy retort of:

You're not driving it correctly ;)
You're not using it right ;)

It's very easy

When the car behind you pulls up and stops, just flick the parking brake on which turns the brake lights off. Problem solved...

Reactions: h5djr and veeeight
I suggested this very idea previously, I thought it was maybe a bit too complicated but it does appear to work haha

I promise thee all......it's much easier to be courteous in an A3/S3 than say a BMW with an auto box.

The F30 3 series with the 8-speed ZF box is great in stop/start traffic but annoyingly the stop start ONLY works with your foot on the brake. Therefore to sit in traffic with the brake lights off you need to knock it in to neutral and put the "old fashioned" handbrake on. So with the requirement for your foot to go back on the brake to put it back in to drive and the comparatively long travel of the hand brake means it is a timely old process to get the car moving.

I have been beeped many times for not moving quick enough when trying to be courteous but never beeped when the brake lights are on......go figure! Pretty sure with the 8V you can just tap the throttle to get it going again. In my BMW I want to be courteous but I also have to think of my fuel bills!

Will add the brake lights are super bright on on the 8V. The brightest I have ever the pleasure of owning!

Reactions: sunscreemer
And the fake leatherette mono.pur thingy too? ;)

Or is that included in the price on a S4 ;)

Reactions: Pulp84
I promise thee all......it's much easier to be courteous in an A3/S3 than say a BMW with an auto box.

The F30 3 series with the 8-speed ZF box is great in stop/start traffic but annoyingly the stop start ONLY works with your foot on the brake. Therefore to sit in traffic with the brake lights off you need to knock it in to neutral and put the "old fashioned" handbrake on. So with the requirement for your foot to go back on the brake to put it back in to drive and the comparatively long travel of the hand brake means it is a timely old process to get the car moving.

I have been beeped many times for not moving quick enough when trying to be courteous but never beeped when the brake lights are on......go figure! Pretty sure with the 8V you can just tap the throttle to get it going again. In my BMW I want to be courteous but I also have to think of my fuel bills!

Will add the brake lights are super bright on on the 8V. The brightest I have ever the pleasure of owning!

Never been beeped for brake lights being on at standstill in the 2yrs+ I've owned the F30 auto.

Reactions: Pulp84
And the fake leatherette mono.pur thingy too? ;)

Or is that included in the price on a S4 ;)
@veeeight - Yes have spec'ed it. But no fake leather on the mono.pur equivalent. Real leather this time V8! They even call it by a sensible name too - 'Leather door armrests from & rear' :laugh:

& no it isn't standard on the S4 :( £205 option this time :)

Reactions: Blackwhite and veeeight