Hill Hold Assist - VCDS?

itchyhippo

Reaction score
Chaps,

Is Hill Hold Assist programmable with VCDS?

I've heard conflicting info about it on the S1.

Cheers!

Alex

Nope. Only on pre-2013 A1's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sent them a few scans of S1s with and without it for this specific reason (over the last 3 years) and no luck yet. I suspect it's no longer possible within the coding/adaptions that VCDS has access to else someone would have found it in that time frame. VCP might be able to do it, but it's not a common enough car (even inc the A1) or tweaking platform to have much luck of anyone finding it.

Hmm, doesn't look too promising then..

I'm on the cusp of buying VCDS, but for the price am wondering if it is worth it for the amount of mods available on the S1 platform Vs just paying circa £20 for someone already with VCDS to do it

Depends on the spec of your S1. If it's well loaded from factory there are probably less than 5 things you can tweak, if it's poverty spec there are more like 10 or so.
Keep in mind any time it goes in to the dealership they may apply update which may revert your tweaks back to stock.
If you can find someone local that'll do any tweaks you want for £15-20 and restore them for a tenner any time you go to the dealer (that's what I offer), which isn't going to be more than once a year and even then only half the time they might do an update then owning VCDS yourself probably isn't worth it.

I've had 5 VAG cars over 4 years so was more worth owning the cable, and also have quite a few car friends, plus I get ~1 forum customer a month so it's paid for itself easily now.

Yeah I'm pretty specced out and i've counted around 5-6 mods I can do...

Will have to do some serious thinking before I splash £250 big ones!

Cheers for the quick replies!

Depends on the spec of your S1. If it's well loaded from factory there are probably less than 5 things you can tweak, if it's poverty spec there are more like 10 or so.
Keep in mind any time it goes in to the dealership they may apply update which may revert your tweaks back to stock.
If you can find someone local that'll do any tweaks you want for £15-20 and restore them for a tenner any time you go to the dealer (that's what I offer), which isn't going to be more than once a year and even then only half the time they might do an update then owning VCDS yourself probably isn't worth it.

I've had 5 VAG cars over 4 years so was more worth owning the cable, and also have quite a few car friends, plus I get ~1 forum customer a month so it's paid for itself easily now.

What are the ten mods that can be done from poverty spec josedebardi ? I can then check off what mine has already and then work out what I'd like to pay someone to add for me :)

Thanks

I've looked into this, asked the dealer about it. They were like, "it must have hill hold assist" and they took it in for a few hours and came back shocked to find out that they couldn't do anything about it. They first said, it should be possible because it just uses the electronics to engage the hand brake.

Guy Harding from Harding Performance just says that the S1 is old school...

It is really quite embarrassing when your mates 2009 Wrx has hill hold assist.

Agreed. It's strange that my older 2011 A1 had it from factory and could easily have been coded using VCDS, but my much newer 2015 S1 doesn't have it, nor can be coded...