Hill Hold Assist Standard Fit?

Jsmills

Reaction score
Hi guys, just ordered an S4 which will replace my A4 1.4tfsi although I had an SQ5 before that so looking forward to some poke again...

Anyway back to the script... the online configurator has no option for Hill Hold Assist the supplying dealer claims that after week 6 build it is standard fit... anyone else heard this?

Not sure if it’s just S4 or other variants too?

I ordered it on mine but wasn’t charged for it as it had become standard, mine was delivered beginning of December.

I ordered it on mine but wasn’t charged for it as it had become standard, mine was delivered beginning of December.

Cool, Seems like:

a, I can stop worrying it won’t have it
b, they should be updating the brochure / price list to reflect the change.

Would be nice to clarify for everyone on which models it becomes standard fit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was also delivered start of December, but speced and paid for HHA....are you sure about this? If so, then I'll be speaking to my dealer!

Charged for it on my SLine order placed in December. Listed as an option in the brochure as well.

Mine is build week 5, so that may explain it, early by one week. Build due to start on the 29th :)

Last edited:
Just had a look on the configurator and it now shows as standard equipment on all engines and trims.....

Reactions: gforrow
can someone explain what benefit HHA is when you have an auto? Drove me made on a previous car I had when I wanted to shunt cars round on the drive (no seatbelt on...)

I just like that it'll hold the car on the brakes indefinitely and will apply itself all the time so that you don't have to flick the handbrake on manually when you come to a stop in traffic or something. Since it's an auto it would creep forward and this stops it from happening. Just helps my laziness really.

Reactions: h1r4
also good when stopping at a junction or lights. means you foot is not having to hold the break and then move over to the gas. Means a quicker get away when you spot a space.. well thats what i use it for.

Reactions: h1r4, ncfcstar and Daggerit
I have it on my Golf and the likelihood is I wont have it on the A4 when I pick it up today. It's going to be one of the things I miss the most, so convenient for getting away quickly and smoothly at the lights.

Yeah I find it useful pretty much every time you come to a stop.

I’ve lost count the amount of times my A4 rolls when parking because I’m used to auto handbrakes.

Reactions: Daggerit
Also an auto will roll backwards given enough of an incline

Reactions: Daggerit
Hi guys, just ordered an S4 which will replace my A4 1.4tfsi although I had an SQ5 before that so looking forward to some poke again...

Anyway back to the script... the online configurator has no option for Hill Hold Assist the supplying dealer claims that after week 6 build it is standard fit... anyone else heard this?

If you have your build code should be able to check yourself:
https://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/youraudi/youraudi-login.html#/learnmore/landing
Create an account or login and add your car with the build number (Dealer should have supplied it)
Under safety and technology should say Hill Hold Assist. If it doesn't then it won't have it.

If you have your build code should be able to check yourself:
https://www.audi.co.uk/content/audi/youraudi/youraudi-login.html#/learnmore/landing
Create an account or login and add your car with the build number (Dealer should have supplied it)
Under safety and technology should say Hill Hold Assist. If it doesn't then it won't have it.

I don’t have one yet as it’s a lease I just ask and believe what I’m told... suppose I could ask for it.

Forum chat about hill hold is as common as debates about mpg, whether you should use premium fuel or winter tyres. In the end it is just about personal preferences...

Welcome to audi-sport.net. What colour/spec did you go for on the S4? Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Was trying to be efficient with the options but still ended up with a few:

Ibis white
Red interior
Tints
Virtual Cockpit
Memory Seats
Folding Mirrors
Rear Airbags
And well maybe Hill Hold Assist :)

Reactions: Jcbmally and Sandra

Ibis white
Red interior
Tints
Virtual Cockpit
Memory Seats
Folding Mirrors
Rear Airbags

Sounds good. Look forward to the pics when you collect, :)

Ibis white
Red interior
Tints
Virtual Cockpit
Memory Seats
Folding Mirrors
Rear Airbags

:sign pics: forum rules :friends:, no pics then its all lies, lies, lies, lies :hi:

Lol... seems I’m a liar until May. :rulez:

Reactions: Jcbmally
I wonder if they will add something else to the sound and comfort pack, like High Beam Assist, or make the pack slightly cheaper now this is standard..

Checked the order paperwork, and mine is a paid option. For the sake of £75, I can't be bothered with the hassle. Saved thousands on the initial deal, so happy with what I got. Roll on March. Be interesting to see if anything else changed in the spec, doesn't appear so from the configurator, when I rebuilt my spec.

Checked the order paperwork, and mine is a paid option. For the sake of £75, I can't be bothered with the hassle. Saved thousands on the initial deal, so happy with what I got. Roll on March. Be interesting to see if anything else changed in the spec, doesn't appear so from the configurator, when I rebuilt my spec.

When it comes to sign the paperwork they will take the £75 off and check to see if there’s a cheaper apr available (if your buying the car via Audi finance) to the one when you signed.

Reactions: gforrow
I still don't know what HHA is. I am a bit thick. On the Tiguan there is a button that means that brakes automatically come on when I stop on a hill and release the foot off the brakes. Is that it ? My A4 is in the paint shop today so no idea if I will get it or not as I understand the tracker is not reliable when it comes to spec.

That sounds right, the button generally says AUTO on it or the handbrake symbol with an A replacing the P. Basically if the car stops pretty much in any situation it’ll put the brakes on for an unlimited length of time.

Thanks. The tracker does say the car has it as std so maybe I saves £75...

From what build date was the Hill hold assist a fitted option mine doesn't have it list but was only built a couple of weeks ago.
Was in my dad's tiguan last night handy feature

I was told build week 6 2018 but I don’t know how true that is.

Think that’s 5th feb onwards

i have had a look at the build sheet on json and tried to do key work search but it didn't return anything guessing i have just missed out on the feature being made standard. did anyone else not tick that box? how do you find it without?

I didn't spec it and it doesn't seem to be on my build on the tracker (mine's currrently on the boat). My Golf R had this feature but I had an auto Merc without it once and it was fine.

I specced it but wasn’t charged for it, my car was delivered the first week of December.

Ive just built a new A4. Hill Hold Assist is now standard but its also in the £1200 sound and comfort pack. The Sound and Comfort pack has not been reduced in price, nor has it had something else added to make up the fact that HHA is now included. If HHA is now included you'd think they'd remove it form the Sound and comfort pack, reduce the price or add something else to replace it.

Last edited:
So I’ve returned home and looked at the car, goes really well.

One concern I have is with the hill hold assist, it doesn’t seem to be there. As far as I know, there should be a second button next tonthe handbrake?

I also thought with it on, you pull, stand on the brakes, it activates, then you can take your foot off the brake. This means no blinding them behind.

So what happens, here, is the moment you take your foot off the brake, the engine restarts and you start moving.

The dealer informed the wife that it was now integral, and no separate button, this is not what the manual states.

Before I go to the dealer tomorrow, can someone please confirm, that a separate button should be present, and my understanding is correct.

It’s £75 plus all of the interest over the pcp so I need something sorted. Other solution is, can the dealer retrofit the hha?

Cheers

My car was ordered mid-Nov and delivered 2 weeks ago - I didn't specify it but the car has it. There is a second button to turn it on/off.

One concern I have is with the hill hold assist, it doesn’t seem to be there. As far as I know, there should be a second button next tonthe handbrake?

I also thought with it on, you pull, stand on the brakes, it activates, then you can take your foot off the brake. This means no blinding them behind.

So what happens, here, is the moment you take your foot off the brake, the engine restarts and you start moving.

The dealer informed the wife that it was now integral, and no separate button, this is not what the manual states.

Before I go to the dealer tomorrow, can someone please confirm, that a separate button should be present, and my understanding is correct.

It’s £75 plus all of the interest over the pcp so I need something sorted. Other solution is, can the dealer retrofit the hha?

Cheers
Yes it can be retro fitted https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/r...-auto-hold-hill-start-assist-audi-a4-8w-a5-f5

Thanks cuke2u. Shame it’s left hand drive only. Seems it’s a cheap fix, hopefully the dealer can source the right bits. Only 1.5 hours install, must be simple.

Cheers

Not sure if you're still looking for an answer on this, but I can confirm that there is a second button next to the Parking Brake button. And it came standard on mine...I didn't specify HHA.

Reactions: Jsmills and gforrow