Hill Hold Assist Standard Fit?

Thanks for coming back to me.

Dealership weren't convinced. I showed them the brochure, the online configurator, the handbook, and then we looked at other cars in their own showroom, and they admitted it should be there.

So it's gone down as a "very rare" Audi mis-build. They have confirmed they can install it, and they will be when they source the appropriate parts, I'm guessing a button, and then they can re-programme the car.

The saleswoman was adamant that they were informed it was standard and didn't need the second button any longer, seems I/the forum was right all along. Hopefully it will be fitted sometime this month.

Reactions: Theonenonly

Dealership weren't convinced. I showed them the brochure, the online configurator, the handbook, and then we looked at other cars in their own showroom, and they admitted it should be there.

So it's gone down as a "very rare" Audi mis-build. They have confirmed they can install it, and they will be when they source the appropriate parts, I'm guessing a button, and then they can re-programme the car.

The saleswoman was adamant that they were informed it was standard and didn't need the second button any longer, seems I/the forum was right all along. Hopefully it will be fitted sometime this month.

I picked my car up on the 1st March and it was built the first week of Feb so my car missed out on it as standard as it only became standard after the second build week in Feb.

Interesting that, they are standard on My18 cars from build week December I think. If it is a program update and button then I might get this fitted.

My supplying dealer was adamant it’s second week of feb to be standard.

Reactions: Theonenonly
Mine was specced with the car, as an option at time of ordering, although standard fit by build week. Build week was in January, by which time it was standard on the configurator. Doesn't appear on the final invoice, although is on the vehicle ordering form.

General confusion exists I guess as to when it switched over.

If before the final docs are done the option becomes standard you wouldn’t pay for it. It’s more than likely your car was fitted with it because it was specced, but not paid for because by the time the final paperwork was done it was standard.

The online Configurator always changes before the official changeover it showed standard when I was looking at mine at Christmas.

There are people who didn’t get it as late as first week of feb, therefore couldn’t have been standard.... the test is has anyone had a build on or after the second week who hasn’t got it?

It's a tangent to the purpose of the thread but for those with HHA, does it automatically apply the handbrake when you switch the engine off?

My golf GTD does this and it seems pretty logical. My S4 doesn't (no hill hold assist) and its a frustrating omission. It will automatically apply the handbrake if I open the door while the engine is running but otherwise it's for me to do manually. It does automatically shift to P when the engine is switched off - it would be so sensible to apply the handbrake too!

It's a tangent to the purpose of the thread but for those with HHA, does it automatically apply the handbrake when you switch the engine off?

My golf GTD does this and it seems pretty logical. My S4 doesn't (no hill hold assist) and its a frustrating omission. It will automatically apply the handbrake if I open the door while the engine is running but otherwise it's for me to do manually. It does automatically shift to P when the engine is switched off - it would be so sensible to apply the handbrake too!

There is a setting that I turned on with OBDEleven, something like:

Brakes / Adaptation / Automatic Parking Brake

Now I just press the start/stop button and 100% of the time it puts the gearbox into park and the handbrake on.

Reactions: Jsmills and ub7rm
There is a setting that I turned on with OBDEleven, something like:

Brakes / Adaptation / Automatic Parking Brake

Now I just press the start/stop button and 100% of the time it puts the gearbox into park and the handbrake on.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I found this topic, sorry for bumping it up. I was searching all over to find out if Hill Hold Assist was standard.

I couldn’t see it on the Configurator, but it’s still listed on most leasing sites which is why I was getting confused. I was about to pay for it as an option (£75) but it appears I don’t need too