1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Wanted Hill hold assist brake button b8

***DK*** Mar 28, 2020

1. ***DK***

***DK*** Active Member

Does anyone have a hill hold assist button lying around that I could buy? B8 8k.

Or if anyone can find me a link to one on eBay? Seems there are RHD and LHD parts

Hill Hold Switch:
    (LHD) 8K1 927 225 C WEP
    (RHD) 8K2 927 225 C WEP

Obviously (suspiciously) some RHD ones available from European countries where they should really all be LHD but I don't want to buy UK stolen car parts. So UK seller preferably.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Looking through parts catalogue your car should be able to use the B one as the cars are same year as your one .

Attached Files:

4. ***DK***

***DK*** Active Member

Thanks yes that seems right. Still unable to find one with park brake and hill hold. I'll probably just have to set an alert and see when one comes up. Not urgent really

5. ahtcap

ahtcap Active Member

6. briceportier

briceportier Active Member

7. briceportier

8. ***DK***

***DK*** Active Member

That's right, but none that I can find online for RHD.

9. briceportier

10. ***DK***

***DK*** Active Member

Please see my first post, only looking to buy from UK sellers

11. ***DK***

***DK*** Active Member

Lots on AliExpress telling me the parts are the same for LHD and RHD. I've compared photos of LHD top and RHD bottom. Looks like a slight button curve at the top going one way or the other depending on side. Maybe it's just perspective. Now wondering if you can just pop the park brake button off and swap over if it is different. Then I could just get the LHD. [​IMG]

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Could you not buy a B and change over the button ( A ) from ur old broken one as all i can see from pics is one connection and i gather it works both .

14. ***DK***

***DK*** Active Member

Gonna try that. This is to retrofit as it seems an easy one from reading online. 2 wires to abs controller and 1 to power. Then vcds coding. Fingers crossed

15. ch1z64

Go for it , keep us upto date how you get on , please try take pics as thia helps people later on

16. cadguy77

cadguy77 Member

ahtcap likes this.
  17. G2BR

G2BR New Member

Don't think that the only difference is the button and coding. It may be not possible because your ABS module does not support it, you have to check also this.

I have a spare button from RHD if you want

18. ***DK***

***DK*** Active Member

Received LHD, its clearly too slanted the other way so wouldn't sit flush. Time for a RHD one.[​IMG][​IMG]

19. cadguy77

cadguy77 Member