Highest mileage 8V? High milers where are you all!?

SJ43

Reaction score
Made this thread as I'm just intrigued what sort of mileage people are reaching on their 8V's! The cars have been in the market now for 3 solid years (nearly 4) so surely theres going to be a fair few exceeding the 100k mark now?

I've been piling on the miles the past several months and my mileage now stands at 47,000 miles (76,000km). I think there will be quite a few diesels beyond this mileage now but how many petrols are? Have only seen the odd S3 thats done higher but no other 1.8 TFSI's. Over 2.5 years (63 plate) I don't consider 47k to be that high so I'm quite surprised.

Ownership has been relatively trouble-free up to now (Odd squeaks or rattle aide which are all relative really) but would be great to here how others are getting on.

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
I feel a fraud posting here, having only covered 6300 miles in 16 months! Perhaps I need to start a lowest mileage 8v thread!!

Reactions: Demari46, SW14NY'S, pburv and 4 others
64 plate S3 just hit 23,000 miles

Reactions: SJ43
My 14 plate is in 23k now. I hate seeing the mileage pile on it. I'm thinking of getting a private plate to remove the "birthmark" of the 14 on the reg plate. It annoys me that it's on display. Suspect that's my autistic OCD side kicking in...

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and SJ43
I feel a fraud posting here, having only covered 6300 miles in 16 months! Perhaps I need to start a lowest mileage 8v thread!!

.........beat you.........3200 in 9 months!! lol

Reactions: SRT, pburv, Rob2k68 and 2 others
64 plate 2.0TDI-184 s-tronic quattro - 28,000 miles. No problems.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and SJ43
Haha! This is crazy, let me also open this thread up to the lowest mileage 8V's in ratio to how many months owned too because it also seems quite interesting! 3200/9 months seems to be the record by Simon lol.

I assume if you're going to do big miles you'd buy a diesel but I don't regret my choice of a petrol and still get 40mpg on the run so happy days! Luckily though I'm not piling on the miles anymore and like vamos said, not nice to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
16plate 1.4COD Cabriolet, had it 7weeks and only put 875 miles on it.

I had my 8P sportback for 4 years and covered 21, 000 miles. During that time I was working long hours and had little time to drive it. Somebody got a nice low mileage car when I moved it on. Then I retired and treated myself to my 8V. Being retired, I had plenty of time and looked for any excuse to drive it, so I notched up 12, 000 during the first year of ownership. However, 9 months into the second year I'm just coming up for 15, 000. I wouldn't like to guess what the mileage will be when I move it on after 4 years.

Low milage end here... 1700 miles 15 Reg ;)

Reactions: SJ43, pburv and Simon L
13 month and just under 8000.

Reactions: SJ43, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
It seems that some of us buy our A3/S3 to drive whilst others buy it to wash, polish and just look at.:racer:

Reactions: Ignition1, Daveotto, SW14NY'S and 3 others
Miles currently at 3,925 in less than 2 months - got the 16 plate on 1st March.

400 of those miles is down to two business trips - the first came on day 2 of having the car, the second last week. So hopefully on average for the rest of the year no more than 2,000 a month. Should be about 1,500 a month just on commuting, but I reckon by next March I'll be close to 22-24,000

It seems that some of us buy our A3/S3 to drive whilst others buy it to wash, polish and just look at.:racer:

Each to their own as they say,l drive my car as in when its needed...and yeah l wont do unnecessary mileage, because mileage brings on stone chips,windscreen chips the lot....etc....yeah buy a diesel and drive round the globe...bored

Last edited:
Reactions: SW14NY'S, SJ43, pburv and 1 other person
1st March 2015 ...... 16100 miles ...... I just cant stop driving the dam thing :yahoo:

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Baldyone, SJ43 and 3 others
Well l have done 12500 in nearly 14 months,the car has seemingly got a lot more responsive since around 11k miles...so its become a lot faster in a straight line:shutup2:

Reactions: SW14NY'S, SJ43, pburv and 3 others
64 plate and done 32k with no issues

Reactions: SW14NY'S, SJ43, pburv and 1 other person
15k miles since 3rd March last year - slowly rebuilding it part by part lol !!

Reactions: David83S3, SW14NY'S, SJ43 and 3 others
15k miles since 3rd March last year - slowly rebuilding it part by part lol !!

No original parts left on yours is there Rob? lol

Reactions: SW14NY'S, SJ43, Jassyo06 and 2 others
3500 in 7 months (I work from home).

Reactions: SW14NY'S, SJ43, Jassyo06 and 3 others

LoL fewer by the day mate post mans going to hate me next week when the brake discs and turbo pipes turn up.

Reactions: SW14NY'S, SJ43, Simon L and 2 others
That made laugh Simon......:haha:
I have covered 2604 miles since the end of November 2015.....No issues so far apart for the rear top mounts getting sorted next week....:friends:

LoL fewer by the day mate post mans going to hate me next week when the brake discs and turbo pipes turn up.
lol...Where there's a blame there's a claim...:whistle2:

Mine only gets used properly at the weekends, in the week it's about 3 mile to work and 3 mile home, I only do 4 days :) I've done more miles this morning than I have all week :D

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv, SJ43 and 2 others
What !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??

It's hardly moved off the drive (no offence Jassy lol).
Yup it's true
Image1461344233002966

Reactions: SJ43, Jassyo06, Simon L and 2 others
Born in same month as Simons:chuncky:Audimiles

Reactions: SJ43, Simon L, SW14NY'S and 2 others
It's nice and clean anyway.....AND....I even cleaned the wife's tank for her...didn't want her to have another weed on!

Image1461348959319594

www.supercarsofscotland.co.uk
Twitter: @supercarsofSCOT
Instagram: supercarsofscotland_uk

Last edited:
Reactions: SJ43, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person
1250miles since 31st March. Lots of M1 & M25 the last couple of weeks but not like this all year. Great to be able to spend so much time in it
Covered 28K in my 2014 A3 over 2years.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, SJ43 and 3 others
19k on a 65 plate TDI (7.5 months)

First service + tyres (this week) and no issues so far :)

The 8P took over 100k before she went back (zero problem motoring throughout)

Last edited:
Reactions: SJ43, pburv and SW14NY'S
On way to a meeting near Heathrow on Thursday, M25 at 06:30 in the morning and im cruising along with Guns & Roses singing out of the B&O on level 32. I got goes bumps it was so flippin good! I gave the lound pedal a shove in the tunnels too (stereo down for a short period of time). I LOVE MY S3! and will drive it often just because I can

Reactions: SJ43, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 4 others