SQ5 Higher mileage SQ5 - anything to look out for ?

Neil C

Reaction score
Hi all

I am currently toying with the idea of an SQ5, but budget restrictions will only allow me into the higher mileage model bracket. With this in mind, are there any pitfalls that I need to look out for ?

TIA.

Hi all

I am currently toying with the idea of an SQ5, but budget restrictions will only allow me into the higher mileage model bracket. With this in mind, are there any pitfalls that I need to look out for ?

TIA.

Hard to say, as depends condition, whether FSH. Main thing I would say is making sure it has had the various services at the right time, like DSG oil change for example. You talking about current petrol SQ5 or the 1st gen TDI?

TDi. Sorry, should have said.

Great engine and car You looking at the plus version as that comes with a lot of extra kit (and a bit more power). Can’t see higher mileage being a biggie, as long as FASH, and all relevant checks and maintenance done. What is your budget, as I am sure we can help you find one

Budget will be in the region of low to mid £20ks.
Not interested in black or grey.
Would prefer flat bottom steering wheel.
Red leather interior - no thanks.

Budget will be in the region of low to mid £20ks.
Not interested in black or grey.
Would prefer flat bottom steering wheel.
Red leather interior - no thanks.

Plenty on offer for low to mid £20’s

With a higher mileage car your always going to risk the chance of something going wrong and that's why your paying less initially to buy it.
However if it's been looked after and had all the correct servicing done at the right times then you are lessening that chance.
I'd say stay as far away from 100k miles as you can and get a decent warranty.
Options on Audis always make them more desirable and nicer to live with so do you homework as they can be very nicely spec'd.
Great cars though and punchy for their size!

Reactions: 45bvtc, Neil C and NevMan
Also don't buy one in silver as you can spend all day machine polishing it within an inch of its life and it looks just the same as when you started lol.......
Just joking as it looks amazing anyway Haha
20190423 181541 crop 701x425

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc
Have had silver cars in the past and know what a pain colour-matching the paint finish can be. Never quite looks right. Shame because silver suits the SQ5.

Have had silver cars in the past and know what a pain colour-matching the paint finish can be. Never quite looks right. Shame because silver suits the SQ5.

Should be no issue colour matching nowadays, if a reputable paint shop.
I think the silver with black pack looks awesome on SQ5, bit fave for me would probably be Sepang blue

Also don't buy one in silver as you can spend all day machine polishing it within an inch of its life and it looks just the same as when you started lol.......
Just joking as it looks amazing anyway Haha
View attachment 180786

Mate, having a Mythos Black Q5, that would be a a serious attraction for me next time

Do your homework first as the options list is extensive and it doesn't have that much affect on the used cost, they are just more desirable so sell quicker.
Mine has £11.5k of options but there are still many that it doesn't have!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc and NevMan
650 Nm @ 1400-2800 rpm WITH 326 PS @ 4000-4500 rpm will be nice i.e., 2016 year

Heated seats are a MUST!

Dont think OP’s budget quite stretches to a plus version.

Pretty sure that heated seats (at least front) are standard on the SQ

Dont think OP’s budget quite stretches to a plus version.

Pretty sure that heated seats (at least front) are standard on the SQ

650 Nm @ 1400-2800 rpm WITH 326 PS @ 4000-4500 rpm will be nice i.e., 2016 year - is NOT the 'PLUS' which is 700 Nm @ 1500-2250 rpm WITH 340 PS @ 4100-4300 rpm

Note the much narrower torque and power band of the PLUS that doesn't help much in modern driving and is why the 326 PS unit is/was better for us - and we were fortunate to drive 'em all including the latest petrol so as to decide - thank you Stafford Audi. (and Sandra :thumbs up:)... :racer:

As for heated seats, you might be surprised that they're only listed as 'available' across the range in the 2016 Q5/SQ5 Audi brochure:

Heated front seats

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
Unfortunately not, as nice as it would be
:icon thumright:

I wouldn't recommend it anyway, see above (post #27) for why - but go drive 'em back to back if only to experience...

Reactions: Neil C and NevMan
650 Nm @ 1400-2800 rpm WITH 326 PS @ 4000-4500 rpm will be nice i.e., 2016 year - is NOT the 'PLUS' which is 700 Nm @ 1500-2250 rpm WITH 340 PS @ 4100-4300 rpm

Note the much narrower torque and power band of the PLUS that doesn't help much in modern driving and is why the 326 PS unit is/was better for us - and we were fortunate to drive 'em all including the latest petrol so as to decide - thank you Stafford Audi. (and Sandra :thumbs up:)... :racer:

As for heated seats, you might be surprised that they're only listed as 'available' across the range in the 2016 Q5/SQ5 Audi brochure:

Fair enough, misread the stats. Should have clarified heated standard in sline

I did think you had the plus John, but you are right, those stats are much more useable.

Unfortunately not, as nice as it would be
:icon thumright:

Do you have a Q5/SQ5 brochure Neil/Nev - or anyone else?

Q5 SQ5 sales

PM me with your email address and I'll send... :readit:

I did think you had the plus John, but you are right, those stats are much more useable.

I knew which one I was after, Nev; all the rest of the options are/were secondary to "engine performance" and "heated seats" - fortunate that we were to find what we did mind and have only added folding-mirrors and a set of 20-inch winter rims and tyres.

The creaking roof is now fully sorted - Stafford Audi needed two attempts to succeed - with updated Audi procedure and parts - but succeed they have...

Do you have a Q5/SQ5 brochure Neil/Nev - or anyone else?

PM me with your email address and I'll send... :readit:

I knew which one I was after, Nev; all the rest of the options are/were secondary to "engine performance" and "heated seats" - fortunate that we were to find what we did mind and have only added folding-mirrors and a set of 20-inch winter rims and tyres.

The creaking roof is now fully sorted - Stafford Audi needed two attempts to succeed - with updated Audi procedure and parts - but succeed they have...

I do have the brochure and once again you are right. I had a sline plus Q5, but did think heated seats were standard

It is crazy isn't it that you get leather electrically adjustable seats as standard on an SQ5 but have to add heated seats as an option?
And why does the "led interior light pack" only have led's in the footwells and exterior mirrors?
Don't even get me started on the stop/start and hha anomaly lol

It is crazy isn't it that you get leather electrically adjustable seats as standard on an SQ5 but have to add heated seats as an option?
And why does the "led interior light pack" only have led's in the footwells and exterior mirrors?
Don't even get me started on the stop/start and hha anomaly lol
Is the elec seats standard? I thought that was an option too, certainly was on my 2018 Q5 (Sline). I am wishing I bought a SQ5 when I got my Sline Plus back in 2015, as would probably still own it! In typical fashion, my 2.0 TDI was caught up in Dieselgate, so got rid and went to 2.0 TDI A6 avant, and now 2.0 TFSI Q5. Too many 2.0L's there....oh well.

My Gen 1 Q5 2.0 TDI S Line Plus:

Upload 2019 4 26 15 36 55

Options on it:

Upload 2019 4 26 15 37 31

Upload 2019 4 26 15 40 21

Upload 2019 4 26 15 41 0

As I thought, it is the Gen 2 Sline that DOES come with heated seats as standard:

Upload 2019 4 26 15 41 25

According to my 2015 Q5 brochure, the SQ5 comes with electrically adjustable front seats with lumbar support
Memory seats and trim options are are available on top of this
113960b593ffa9e1beec0ee0c231571b.jpg

According to my 2015 Q5 brochure, the SQ5 comes with electrically adjustable front seats with lumbar support
Memory seats and trim options are are available on top of this
113960b593ffa9e1beec0ee0c231571b.jpg

I wasn't arguing this fact at all, SQ5 did come with a number of extra options over the sline plus.
at the time elec seat for Q5 was £600+

Lol is that not the same page!

that is what I had from the PDF brochure. It does list the elec seats as standard.