High temps after fitting wellycooler

dancupra225

Reaction score
Wellycooler all fitted and great pull now but sat in traffic yesterday and last night temp goes up to 120c nearly was like there is coolant there and water so why??
I've not touch any of the coolant system no reason to

Thermostat gone ?
Cambelt etc was done before I brought have he proof in paper work sure can't be that unless use non metal water pump ......

Any ideas

Also noticed fans are not cutting in check fuses on battery all fine

Is there a plug for the fans or fan wiring you vould have knocked? Its been hot lately so the fact you were in traffic with no fans is why the temp crept up.

Unplug the fans from the fan switch on the radiator and give them 12v to see if they work... if they do then its the fan switch...

The fans should run on low speed when the AC is on... if they don't then its normally the fuse on top of the battery... it will need removing to check... if the blades have any corrosion on them then clean them up... the fuse doesn't normally blow... it just doesn't make contact...

<tuffty/>

Also the temp warms up very quick now which hasn't done before I'm thinking more to a new rad poss ?

3c74ca9cb822bce0ddd81ca633ccd5be.jpg

Fuse looks burnt out how easy to replace the whole unit ? Or change fuse poss ?

Yeah... common issue... there are a few options...

Try and use some emery cloth to clean the contacts in the fuse holder and use a new fuse... this works but doesn't last long (as I have found out myself)

By pass this by wiring a fuse holder from the 12v bus to the wire in the plug

Buy a new fuse board and not have to worry about it for several years (unless they have revised the fuse board to sort the problem of course)

<tuffty/>