High pressure fuel pump/tappet rattle/oil pump??

Tiprat

Reaction score
Good morning everyone i recently bought an A4 cab 58plate 2lt tdi (i think its a brb engine as it looks the same as the 07 cab engine) with 78k on the clock, i bought it knowing it had several issues that i have fixed along the way, the car is going for an MOT shortly and whilst i know about an oil leak on the drivers side of the engine, that i have yet to find(its been an advisory on the past 3 MOT's) the car has an annoying rattle under load you hear it most in 2nd gear when pulling away, but if you really listen for it, its there most of the time.
Having now read the forum for advice i think its something to do with the above, some posts mention that after the timing belt has been done the high pressure fuel pump rattles but this is nothing to worry about, some mention about oil pick up and the oil pump, having read up on this im a little confused, because some mention "a screw that is too short" that locates a shaft, some mention changing an oil pump...
Anyone who has had any similar issues and can offer me some advice , it would be gratefully received, then i can decide what to do next, to cure it.

On a side note im also looking for an engine cover for the car if anyone can suggest where i can find one (at a reasonable price) ive looked on ebay and none of them are the right one, i need one with a rectangular cut out on the back near the drivers side windscreen.

thanks....