High Mileage 1.8T

A

A4Steve

No thats a lie, they do the Yanks have a version called the RS that has the 2.2 litre engine, not sure whether it's the same as the engine from the 22B or what power they give.

When I got outa hospital I wanted to drive and ride again, bikes were'nt a prob, car was an **** though, had to an auto when auto's were *****. hence Sierra 2.0 Ghia.

Soon got fed up of that and decided power was needed, So I bought an Mi16, and had the first pnumatic (sorry bout spelling) clutch fitted in this country and paid the price for it too. Next I wanted a Astra GSi, only did'nt want to pay the cash for the new clutch system again so I taught myself to drive with one foot.

Hence not much good at launch control.

one of my friends in a blue cab raced an m3 on way back from london to chorleywood recently, thought might have been same guy, but not by that description.. i think ive seen your car before, are you in chorleywood/ricky area?

Hi guys new here. Just wondering if any of you have a high mileage (100000 miles+) 1.8T? I have the opportunity to buy one and was just wondering if it is a good idea or not. Are there any problems I should look out for? Thanks in advance

Yep cambelt and tensioners have been changed at 80k. The car has full Audi SH. Clutch is still original but 85% of mileage is motorway miles so should still be ok. No all history of car as it is my brothers company car so no crashes or major problems yet. Thanks again for all the input.

I put 80k on an S3 (with ABT chip) in 2 years and it had no problems - Went through 2 sets of discs :) Wonder who's got it now? (chip was transfered to friends S3). V463 GGB in Ming Blue.

DJ