High Beam Assist?

Dean's A3

TDI S3 Hybrid
Reaction score
Hi Lasses & Gents,

Have you got High Beam Assist factory fitted in your A3? If so would you help me out and let me know what letter end your CE is as well as your CAN Gateway please?

Many thanks! :icon_thumright:

You need the 09/10 facelift CE board fitted & AD onwards gateway, cant be done on older boards end of, plus, you will need the new sprung loaded headlight stalk & possibly steering cu, all of which I have including the high beam assist mirror fitted & can login to as its a can connected module now.

Havnt finished the mod yet mate, rewiring for the new CE is a hell of a job, 150+ wires & not same pin ends either so possibly total rewire.

NHN has done a fair bit or research on that. What year is your car?

It's an MY06 but have a K CE.

You need the 09/10 facelift CE board fitted & AD onwards gateway, cant be done on older boards end of, plus, you will need the new sprung loaded headlight stalk & possibly steering cu, all of which I have including the high beam assist mirror fitted & can login to as its a can connected module now.

I take it that it needs 63 A CE then, can't do this one as it seems to be more trouble than it's worth. I'll just stick to Sunband screen and L/R sensor and dimming. Is it worth going all out and doing the compass one since can't do the Assist one? (A picture of a compass one will be nice if someones got it) :icon_thumright:

Yes need the 63 version & wouldnt bother with compass mirror, as can get compass in dis if enabled through rns iirc.

(A picture of a compass one will be nice if someones got it) :icon_thumright:

5114d1197824779-c6-4f-auto-dimming-rear-view-dscf0413.jpg

Havnt finished the mod yet mate, rewiring for the new CE is a hell of a job, 150+ wires & not same pin ends either so possibly total rewire.

Think I'd give that a miss....

Interesting thread... Not sure but we are hoping the High Bean assist comes with the BE with Tech and comfort packs. Didn't tick the box but I think it's part of the ComfortPack / Xenon lights... Time will tell unless any of you folks know for sure!

Sorry, it's another £100 on top of your two packs.

Given its a new BE then could be retrofitted as would be compatible with newer parts if not already fitted.

PX4 option Xenon Plus Headlights is standard on BE and says... includes LED DRLs, Automatic Headlight Adjustment, Dynamic Range Control and washers..

BN7 option High Beam Assis Auto matically adjusts headlights from High to dipped.

If that is the case what is Automatic Headlight Adjustment in the PX4 Option...

Confused???

Thats for the automatic aim of the xenon headlights on dip beam as it required by law. The high beam assist just switches between dip & mainbeam

The levelling system adjusts the height of the headlights depending on the boot load, so it always maintains the same beam level as such, so as not to blind oncoming traffic.

AFAIK he has the mk2 unit, why are you looking for 1?

AFAIK he has the mk2 unit, why are you looking for 1?

I was thinking maybe he din't have an RNS-E to spec the compass...

I have a 193 C at the mo, din't fancy a gloss one myself thanks :laugh: :icon_thumright:

I quite like the gloss version, then again it goes with my theme overall.

I quite like the gloss version, then again it goes with my theme overall.

The only thing I don't like about it (otherwise I'd have had one) is one knows what MY it is by just looks... If you get what I mean...

Yes I get yer, but think you've made it worse for yourself, do I need to explain?

Lmao, no explanation needed, have a Concert II depending on where and when....

Thanks for the help guys, decision now made, Merry Chrismas to everyone and may the New Year bring us even more mods to spend our hard earned money on! :rock: