hid problem

gavlad

Reaction score
Hi all am new to all this so please bare with me....bought some hid lights 8000k got them fitted...and thy just look white as my mates look tinted blue .??? Can anyone help PLEASE

8k will be rubbish output for night driving, 6k was bad enough.

Thanx for replying.. butt on driver side it turns yellow like standard bulbs within minets could it be the ballasts not enough watts....( 35 ) thnx

Standard OEM Xenons are 4300k…. the higher the rating the worse it is. change the bulbs for 4300k ones and you should be OK, it certainly won't be the ballasts….

Standard OEM Xenons are 4300k…. the higher the rating the worse it is. change the bulbs for 4300k ones and you should be OK, it certainly won't be the ballasts….
Thnx for replying butt i wanted them to av a tint ov blue in them...i swaped the ballast over and it worked but no tint ov blue could it be voltage on the ballast thy r 35 wattz

If your after a tint of blue then put 6k bulbs in look on your ballast box of the voltage if 35 volts then order 6k 35w Bulls if 55k then order 6k 55w bulbs

Hi thnx for replying...can u bye just ballasts 55w or do u no a good site where i can bye the lot good ones not cheap n nasty thnx

If you've got 35w ballast already it will be cheaper to buy 35w 6k bulbs

Thnx again..i am new to all this car stuff..i thought the higher the bulbs 8000k the more tint off blue...so do i av to make sure they r 8000k 35w....o will 55w be better..thnx again

I've all ready explained it to you check your ballets box 35w you need 35w bulbs 55w ballest box you need 55w bulbs if you can't understand this get help from someone who can look at your car with you

I bought some 5k hid's from a seller on ukpassats i am blown away how good they are you need to contact Ray forum member man_utd_99, tell him iain recommended you.

I bought some 5k hid's from a seller on ukpassats i am blown away how good they are you need to contact Ray forum member man_utd_99, tell him iain recommended you.
Funny you mention this. I came across his HID thread the other day and I am considering them! I take it you recommend them then? Lol

yes i do i have had hid kits before from ebay, and hit and miss really describes the experienece, i fitted Rays kit to our Passat (sorry used to be audi owner for many years) and having driven it to austria and back skiing earlier this month i was really impressed with the colour (pure white) and was impressed just how much more i could see, never got flashed once either. even with car fully loaded.

I initially wanted a 4300k kit which is standard factory but Ray talked me into the 5k kit saying its really what the factory is now fitting anyway, and he stands by his warranty.

Reactions: barkclark
If you've got 35w ballast already it will be cheaper to buy 35w 6k bulbs
Hi..i av got 35w bulbs and 35w ballast and 8000k and 1 side just lights up like standard bulbs and the passenger side r white with no tint off blue ..any help would b gratefull thnx

yes i do i have had hid kits before from ebay, and hit and miss really describes the experienece, i fitted Rays kit to our Passat (sorry used to be audi owner for many years) and having driven it to austria and back skiing earlier this month i was really impressed with the colour (pure white) and was impressed just how much more i could see, never got flashed once either. even with car fully loaded.

I initially wanted a 4300k kit which is standard factory but Ray talked me into the 5k kit saying its really what the factory is now fitting anyway, and he stands by his warranty.
Sounds good to me man. Probably give it a go when I have the cash! Cheers

8k will be rubbish output for night driving, 6k was bad enough.

I disagree.
I have recently put in 8000k HIDs, and I live in the sticks with no lit roads/country lanes, and I no longer need to use full beam. The pattern is absolutely perfect and its such a bright light thats projected onto the road!

I disagree.
I have recently put in 8000k HIDs, and I live in the sticks with no lit roads/country lanes, and I no longer need to use full beam. The pattern is absolutely perfect and its such a bright light thats projected onto the road!
Thnx for reply... i just cant seem to get the right 1s its doin my head in ...where did u get yours from,and do thy av tint ov blue

Screenshot 2015 02 18 13 06 13
Here's the scale for you

View attachment 51153 Here's the scale for you
Cheers pal avin a lot ov bother tryin to get the 8000k 1s with the tint ov blue thought thats what i got but thy r just white like 6000k but thy r 8000k 35w n35w ballast but no tint ov blue..so got another set bulbs and thy r just like avin a atanded bulb in ...doin my head in ..do u no anywhere that i can get the real thing..its all got out ov control now pissin me off

what country are you in? You could probably make your life easy by going into a local motor factors and showing them what you have so they can lift something off the shelf and hand it to you.

what country are you in? You could probably make your life easy by going into a local motor factors and showing them what you have so they can lift something off the shelf and hand it to you.
England ...burnley

ah. sorry. somehow I thought you were from outside the UK.
If you're in Burnley you should be able to find a decent independent motor factors (not halfords) and ask inside.

aha. I was seeing "ov" instead of "of" etc and assumed (incorrectly) he wasn't a native English speaker. sorry. maybe i'm just not down with the kids :D

Speak to Ozmastero on here...he will sort you out. Top guy for HIDs