*** HID group buy from WELLDONEHID. Wiper safe. ***

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
So finally here is the group buy for wiper motor safe HID's!
and safe for ESP A4 problems? (or something like that lol)

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD, on MOT's, legality, blinding etc.

This will last 3/4 weeks. So enough time to get your monthly pay cheque in. I have nothing to do with the company but to organise a group buy for the benefit of the members of this forum!

There are a few different kits to choose from, they produce their own kit which is the cheapest and they also sell a Valeo (made in Europe) and mitsubishi (made in Japan) ballasts with their own wiring kit and their own safe bulbs to plug and play safely. These kits are more OEM quality ballasts which means: a faster start up time, longer lasting, and slightly brighter burning.

A member of the forum has had one of the WellDoneHID kits in since the start of the year and im sure smurfworth will back up the products. HIS REVIEW IS BELOW.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/206299-well-done-hid-review.html

Note. HID's should be used in projector lenses as to not blind oncoming traffic.

Here are the prices with and without the 20% discount. (im sure you can all math but i did it anyway)
Prices may change slightly due to the conversion rate so the £ currency is approx.

*** PRICES in euro then conversion as of today ***

1. A38P kit. bulb type 155E £127 -20% -> £101

2. Europe Valeo kit. 238E £195 -20% -> £156

3. Japan Mitsubishi kit. 245E £201 - 20% -> £160

Bulb choices for all kits. H1,, H7, H11, D1S, D2S,

Colour choice for all kits. 4300k (the colour of natural daylight eg the sun, the normalish yellow,orange colour.)
or 6000k (which is the ice white colour, eg new merc's and Xenon looks. Tho the OEM kits will make slight yellow)

Postage is 7Euro which is around £5.70 on top.

I will be the one updating the 'list' so to not get anything confused. just post in the thread which kit you want and in what colour, and what bulb!
for eg.

'JJ.Foulds, Mitsubishi kit H7, 6000k.'

When the groupbuy ends a coupon code will be sent out to the members from the list.

So to start the list!!!

1. JJ.Foulds -> A38P 6000k

They also sell the wiper repair service, 55E £45.

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRODUCTS ONLY just ask in this thread, i am in contact with the company so will get back with an answer quickly.

This is a link to their website and the HID choices.
Audi A3 - Welldone Lighting

The orders will be made directly in the website using a Coupon Code.

1. The product is not endorsed by ASN, and;
2. The product and company have nothing to do with myself
3. Any contract is between buyer and seller and ASN or myself hold no liabilities with respect of either.

Last edited:
Reactions: jphc
I'll just add, 4 months later and everything still works as it should.

Reactions: Sandra and voorhees
1. JJ.Foulds -> A38P 6000k H7
2. keram -> A38P 4300K H7
3. HenrikMeister -> A38P 6000K H7

Do these work with auto lights or does it throw the bulb error?

Is it also easy to change from h7 bulb to h11? Or do i need to buy another kit?

Is it also easy to change from h7 bulb to h11? Or do i need to buy another kit?

not sure why you want to change the bulb fitment?

You would need to change the headlights to have a diffrent fitment, for example i bought after market lights and it changed my full beam from H7 to a H1.

But all the bulbs work the same just different fitment.

Thinking for the fog light, as i am going to do a front converson. Currently h7 but after conversion i need h11 bulbs

oh joy lol Ive just put a kit in... lets hope that doesnt come about

Seems like you have an Audi A4 B7.
You will be fine then, the worst problem your car can have from a bad hid is some Radio AM/FM interferences.
Besides that, you don't need to worry to much.

4. bagger_12 -> A38P 6000k H7

hi guys,
apart from the 3 xenon kit models from the list, you can ask for another?
such as WG-04 model?

hi guys,
apart from the 3 xenon kit models from the list, you can ask for another?
such as WG-04 model?

Yes discount on all HID kits! tell me bulb and colour and il add you to the list, this is so the company can prepare for the order.

Ok
I want WG04 H7 6000k

5. frujillo -> WG04 6000k H7

How do we go about payment And when should expect to see the kit?

Payment will be through their website, with a special discount code, and i would expect you to receive the kit a week or so later, as it is traveling through EU.

Look here: Bulbs - Welldone Lighting. It should be enough just to buy bulbs and change them.

You still need the ballasts the run the HID's, so unless he has the pair already. and the new bulb would have to fit the housing already on the car.

Seems like you have an Audi A4 B7.
You will be fine then, the worst problem your car can have from a bad hid is some Radio AM/FM interferences.
Besides that, you don't need to worry to much.

when you say bad HID are we talknig a knockoff company selling rubbish ones or a decent set just happening to be faulty?

when you say bad HID are we talknig a knockoff company selling rubbish ones or a decent set just happening to be faulty?

It doesn't matter what HID u get for the A3, they all cause the same problem, it is a one off sort of situation for the A3 that the high voltage needed for electric arc in the bulb kills the motors.
Its the same interferance that causes problems for the A4 also.

WellDone's kits do not use highvoltage cables like nearly all others do, and this stops the interferance.

Can they supply H7R bulbs?

Dave

Our first versions of the A38P HID bulbs were similar to HxR bulbs.
The results were not so good, so when we updated the bulbs we removed the coating to give a cleaner light cut off.
Halogen headlights are not designed to fit H7R bulbs nor DxR bulbs...

As you can see in some users review our H7 bulbs give a really good light cut off even when used in Halogen headlights.

HALOGEN BULBS
0.jpg

HID BULBS
IMG_1164.jpg

Anyway, if you are really worried about using HID bulbs in halogen headlights i would suggest you to try other solutions.

- Projector headlights (£270-300)
Xenon headlights Audi A3 - Plug & Play - Welldone Lighting

- Projector retrofit (£65-80)
Projectors - Welldone Lighting

You mean like xenon projectors? I installed H7 bulbs into the halogen housing.

Im a little confused. But yes xenons have projector headlights, its the half glass sphere in the headlight which spreads the light. Halogen reflector housings are the large area ones, most have these for fullbeam and most common cars have these as standard.

H7 is a bulb fitment.
Projector lense or reflector are headlights
HID or halogen is type of bulb

5. frujillo -> WG04 6000k H7
6. Pakaniko -> A38P 6000k H7
7. AdamA38P -> A38P 6000k H7
8. Dvapower -> A38P 6000k H7 (2 x kits)

Looks like most of the people prefer 6000K color temperature. Maybe you can give some reasons why it's more popular than 4300k ? I still have time to change my mind.

Looks like most of the people prefer 6000K color temperature. Maybe you can give some reasons why it's more popular than 4300k ? I still have time to change my mind.

well 4300k is the similar colour light colour output to a normal halogen, a bit orangey. this is actually the best light output and its the easiest for humans to see.

however.

6000k looks far better from outside and is only a tiny bit less output. its the ice white colour that makes tis popular.

look at the photo's above, the top one would b a 4300k colour (but obviously brighter with hid) and the bottom would b 6000k.
4300 is similar to street light on road where as the 6000k isnt.

hope it helps. youtube thse colours and have a look

well 4300k is the similar colour light colour output to a normal halogen, a bit orangey. this is actually the best light output and its the easiest for humans to see.

however.

6000k looks far better from outside and is only a tiny bit less output. its the ice white colour that makes tis popular.

look at the photo's above, the top one would b a 4300k colour (but obviously brighter with hid) and the bottom would b 6000k.
4300 is similar to street light on road where as the 6000k isnt.

hope it helps. youtube thse colours and have a look

Incorrect, top one is 5000k diamond vision bulbs bottom is 6000k hid bulb.

I was also given 4300k bulbs and they are awful to sit behind, you pick out more detail on the road like stones etc with 6000k due to the colour.

6000k is better for lanes too as you can see oncoming traffics lights in your whiter/bluer light.