HID fitting

jd26

Reaction score
Right. I've fitted hid kits to previous cars but i'm not gonna lie the A4 had me beat over the weekend, little things like the main power cables were impossible to get out as the clip was just not moving?! and struggling to find anywhere atall that I could mount the ballasts?!

Is there anywhere in S.wales that can properly fit (no shonky jobs) my kit? Or any pointers to maybe something im missing... Its that or im selling the kit as i've already wasted a saturday messing with it.

Im ashamed to admit I didnt even get the sidelights changed over as there is a motor completely blocking the sidelight bulbs?!?!?! seriously? I've never had a problem with other cars but the gay audi had me beat.

easy remove the lights 1st
you can mount the ballast under the light
its a 30 min job
3 bolts and lights slide out
iv done them without removeing the headlights and its a rite fukker

My ballasts wouldnt fit under the light fella, space isnt deep enough :(

P1010653.jpg

I swear this thing will not unclip either ^

Im not retarded I swear :(

they are hard to unclip get a small flathead in the clip
and when the headlights are out they will go under iv done atleast 40 b6
im in s wales at weekend if you need a hand

yeah I popped a flat head in there and tried repeatedly with my old man lending and hand and trying too as he's a bit handier than myself ha but no luck,

Removed the headlight far enough with it attatched though to turn it upside down and hold the ballast in, it was too fat dude :(

it doesnt need to be flush there is loads of room underneath. and I have the really fat ones mounted in mine

yeah I popped a flat head in there and tried repeatedly with my old man lending and hand and trying too as he's a bit handier than myself ha but no luck,

Removed the headlight far enough with it attatched though to turn it upside down and hold the ballast in, it was too fat dude :(
There easy to remove
the problem is your not pushing the plug on when releasing the clip sound weird but thats how you do it
this releases the pressure off the retaining clip then just pull the plug while still holding the release clip off
wow its easier to do than explain .

Get a pick under the opening and put it under the retainer slightly lift it and she's out mate
Paul 20v is right it's a shut to explain easier to do it when you no how
So that's the other way to do it

My ballasts wouldnt fit under the light fella, space isnt deep enough :(

P1010653.jpg

I swear this thing will not unclip either ^

Im not retarded I swear :(

Easy I just cut the top bit of plastic to expose the inner clip catch and then lifted with a screwdriver:yes:

side lights, use a pair of extra long - long nose pliers on ebay £8.00 a set of 3, straight , 45 degress & 90 degress and act like a surgeon:laugh: