HID Elec leveling or not???

AudiiduA

Reaction score
Hi all, i have the HID's fitted from factory, i have noticed on my garage door when i switch them on they dont self level like my last car! also dont seem to light the road very far in front of me!
are the motors stuffed? or they not self leveling??
Cheers all:icon_thumright:

I have the factory HID's too and i have noticed that they definitely do move around a bit,my DIS constantly displays a warning that the dynamic range sensor is faulty which is probably why they move.Try parking on a slope facing downhill and turn them on at night,they should move upwards,or better still get some "large boned" people to sit in the car and turn them on.It's based on a load levelling system.

Factory fitted xenons will always have self levelling installed as its al egal requirement, so best option is to try setting them up with vagcom & an mot bay 1st then test as per other post to see if they move up or down as per weight load.

My driveway is on a downhill slope, when i turn them on there not moving at all! my last one did, they moved upwards! will they have a seperate fuse? no faults on vagcom as had it checked 2 weeks ago! no faults at all!

When you start the car the lights should drop to their lowest setting, and then rise to the highest, before auto levelling at the correct setting.

My driveway is on a downhill slope, when i turn them on there not moving at all! my last one did, they moved upwards! will they have a seperate fuse? no faults on vagcom as had it checked 2 weeks ago! no faults at all!

I didnt say there would be any faults mate, you need to set them up with vagcom on an mot bay then test as per the guy before, until this is done I cant help you further.

Hi all, i have the HID's fitted from factory, i have noticed on my garage door when i switch them on they dont self level like my last car! also dont seem to light the road very far in front of me!
are the motors stuffed? or they not self leveling??
Cheers all:icon_thumright:
My b5 S4 ones never went up and down but did move if a couple of people sat in the back ,
i tested a B6 last week with factory zenon and they didnt go up and down fully when swithed on either .

I dont recall from my B6 S4 the xenons going up & down on ignition turn, they do self diagnostic on my 8P as adaptive so NESW.

I dont recall from my B6 S4 the xenons going up & down on ignition turn, they do self diagnostic on my 8P as adaptive so NESW.

I only mentioned that as when i saw Lostboks oem xenons that exactly what they did!

I only mentioned that as when i saw Lostboks oem xenons that exactly what they did!

TBH James that could be the case, as it may be a newer levelling controller mate that supports this function.

All factory fitted Xenons have to be fitted with self levelling to make it legal for the car to be sold in the UK.

My May 2003 B6 S4 did it, my November 2004 B6 S4 did it, and my July 2006 B7 RS4 does it but with an extra twist as it has adaptive (bi-)Xenons...

Adaptive Xenons not only move the beam up & down on ignition on but also move it in and out.

There's an echo in here Dave, at least your legal has an L, oops stumpy fingers, lol

In & out as in left to right incase anyone gets confused.