Hid conversion Kit, questions including which one to buy.

B4rrett

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Iv'e jsut picked up a black 2007 S-line Tdi and im thinking about fitting a Hid kit to the standard lights. Im not sure if ive mastered the search function on the site as im looking for info, experience of them and possibly a link to a site to buy a set from.

first of all ive seen the how 2 guide which makes it look almost oem but thats for a b6, does this quide apply for the b7?.

secondly whats people experience on them fitted to a B7, ie light out error code, flickereing, non starting etc and does it improve visibility without dazzling other drivers.

lastly, im looking for a reliable set if anyone has any links to the ones theyve bought.

thanks in advance for the replies.

B4rrett

All you need is a H7 can bus compatable kit. Normally around £70 on ebay. If your fitting into reflector headlights its best if you can get them with shorter xenon tubes so that your beam pattern isnt affected too much.

If you can it would be better for you to retrofit a pair of projectors into your standard housings or you can go down the route I went and retrofit the genuine B7 xenons.

If you can it would be better for you to retrofit a pair of projectors into your standard housings or you can go down the route I went and retrofit the genuine B7 xenons.

What was involed in this? I looked into it a while back and all the silly things required made it a right royal pain in the A*$£. Self adjusting motors/headlight was ect ect. The Headlamps were hard to source also. Didd you use OEM parts or mix and match? How was the wiring to do?

HIDS DIRECT
get short H7 6k
slim balast

As most peoe have said just grab a H7 slim ballast canbus kit fro eBay, I paid £65 for mineamd ittook 1 hour to fit.
You won't blind anyone if it's fitted correctly AMD you should get through your MOT.
Ifyou can afford to get OEM xenons though, well worth the cash!!!

As most peoe have said just grab a H7 slim ballast canbus kit fro eBay, I paid £65 for mineamd ittook 1 hour to fit.
You won't blind anyone if it's fitted correctly AMD you should get through your MOT.
Ifyou can afford to get OEM xenons though, well worth the cash!!!

cheers for the replies guys, only just bought a house and spent too much gutting it and decorating it on top of buying the a4. the bank balance has taken a serious hit the last 5 weeks so i cant justify going the oem route just yet.

ive emailed hids direct that bez posted as i couldnt see a short slim hid kit in the list. does it make much difference if there whort or not.

thanks,
b4rrett