Hi! Hopefully soon to be new quattro owner here!

Genius

Reaction score
Hi!

I've just started the purchase journey and looking to buy my first Audi. I've pretty much decided on the model but any hints or advice redirections to something else appreciated!

What I'm looking for is an A3 8p generation sportback, the 2.0 TFSI S -line S-tronic quattro model (damn that's a mouthful)

I'm coming from a BMW Z4 3.0 si, in fact my last 2 cars were Z4 roadsters so it's a bit of a change but with my first baby on the way it's time to ditch the sports car and get more doors and more importantly more seats. I have been pretty active on the Z4 forum so I may know some of you from there if any have made a similar switch.

Won't be my first VAG, got the wife an ibiza last year so already one on the drive and over the years I had myself a polo an Ibiza and a couple of octavias, one of which was a 20v turbo.

Already done a fair bit of reading pre purchase and found myself on threads here quite a bit over the last week so thought it was time to sign up and say hi!

Anything specific I should be looking out for in the model I mentioned?

I do plan a few mods but nothing mental, definitely an android head unit probably the xtrons 8core which ill be ordering as soon as i shake hands on a car, then maybe a stage one tune but that would be later on I guess

Reactions: Darren92, NevMan and Sandra
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice introduction to the forum. I’m sure that’s one of the most descriptive, well thought out posts I have read in a very long time. Have a look in our classifieds section, you can pick up a fellow enthusiasts car, that has so many cool things done to it. I look forward to you getting a car that you will enjoy. Congrats on the incoming baby. Life is about to get a whole lot different but better. New chapter. Let us know how you get on. Enjoy the forum

Reactions: Darren92
Thanks for the warm welcome, off to look at a car tomorrow morning, price has been accepted over the phone and my insurance company have been briefed, hpi check done, even got a vin decode done by a helpful member in the 8p forum!

Hopefully if it looks and drives as good as the photos make out I'll be an Audi owner by this tine tomorrow and be able to post some photos of my new toy

Reactions: Darren92 and NevMan
Good luck. I’m sure it will be ok. yes we all helpful and friendly on here, @Darren92 is a super helpful guy. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Reactions: Genius, Darren92 and NevMan
Hi!

I've just started the purchase journey and looking to buy my first Audi. I've pretty much decided on the model but any hints or advice redirections to something else appreciated!

What I'm looking for is an A3 8p generation sportback, the 2.0 TFSI S -line S-tronic quattro model (damn that's a mouthful)

I'm coming from a BMW Z4 3.0 si, in fact my last 2 cars were Z4 roadsters so it's a bit of a change but with my first baby on the way it's time to ditch the sports car and get more doors and more importantly more seats. I have been pretty active on the Z4 forum so I may know some of you from there if any have made a similar switch.

Won't be my first VAG, got the wife an ibiza last year so already one on the drive and over the years I had myself a polo an Ibiza and a couple of octavias, one of which was a 20v turbo.

Already done a fair bit of reading pre purchase and found myself on threads here quite a bit over the last week so thought it was time to sign up and say hi!

Anything specific I should be looking out for in the model I mentioned?

I do plan a few mods but nothing mental, definitely an android head unit probably the xtrons 8core which ill be ordering as soon as i shake hands on a car, then maybe a stage one tune but that would be later on I guess

Welcome Hope the tea drive goes well and the car is as you hope/expect it to be. If not, the right one will come up.

Reactions: Sandra
So just got back from seeing the car. I liked it so it's come back home with me!

I had expected it to be quite boring to drive but when I got on some back roads was pleasantly surprised, it's not like the Z4 I'm used to but I expected that and know I'm making a big change from sports car to family hatchback. Quattro system already came in handy with the thunderstorms I had to drive home through. Few little bits of tarting up to do on the interior, need a new latch for the armrest and going to order an android head unit so will post some more pics once it's done but for now a quick snap of the car on my drive :D

20180729_134542.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro, NevMan and Sandra
Looking Awesome. Enjoy

So just got back from seeing the car. I liked it so it's come back home with me!

I had expected it to be quite boring to drive but when I got on some back roads was pleasantly surprised, it's not like the Z4 I'm used to but I expected that and know I'm making a big change from sports car to family hatchback. Quattro system already came in handy with the thunderstorms I had to drive home through. Few little bits of tarting up to do on the interior, need a new latch for the armrest and going to order an android head unit so will post some more pics once it's done but for now a quick snap of the car on my drive :D

20180729_134542.jpg

Very nice, looks a tidy motor

Reactions: Sandra