1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hi all. New to Audi-Sport - I Need a Lot of Help!

Catboy Apr 23, 2019

1. Catboy

Catboy New Member

Hi guys,

I have read a lot of threads here but thought it would be time to register.

I have a 2004 Audi A4 1.9 TDi B6. It's in OK condition internally and externally however it does have a lot of problems.
    Some of the problems I currently have and those I have accomplished are listed below:

1. Perhaps my main bugbear is an engine management light on Cylinder 3 "circuit open" which I thought was causing poor starting. I have replaced the glow plug and the error has gone for now but it still seems to struggle to start and lack power.
    2. I am aware of a camshaft flow sensor issue but I haven't looked into that yet.
    3. I have a stuck on airbag light. I believe it's due to a problem under the seat. Trouble is I don't know which side is causing the issue.
    4. The passenger side window regulator is broken I think (I have ordered a replacement off eBay, just need to find time to fit it.
    5. I want to replace the rear ashtray (silver) but they seem too expensive.

Some of the things I have managed to do:

1. Fix the broken glovebox clasp (using the lid from a tin of beans and some superglue)
    2. Fix the sticking drinks holder
    3. Replace the front pads. I wanted to do the discs as well but couldn't undo the 21mm bolts on the rear.
    4. Replaced the oil, air and fuel filters
    5. While replacing one of the filters the wife managed to break the dipstick guide tube which I have also replaced.

I am not a mechanic and prior to starting down this road (I can't afford to take it to a garage) I had nver done anything like this before. It's been a learning experience.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Well done, I like to read people learning new things & achieving goals.

Sandra likes this.
  4. HelenB

HelenB Member

Hi. I have the same year TDI as you and also have airbag light on. I have a cheap code reader I plugged in and it's code 01218 which is passenger side airbag. I was getting ready to do this easy fix which could cure yours :
    However when I lifted the seat the yellow connector isn't there! I suspect it's already been altered? If you have the yellow connector present it could well be the suspect as they fail and dealers did this procedure to get rid of the airbag light. You'll need an XZN m10 socket and torx bit to get the seat lifted if you don't have a good tool set yet.

5. HelenB

HelenB Member

I have a black connector which is not to do with the airbag and just yellow wrapping which I suspect is previous removal of the connector? Can anyone confirm? Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread but you may have similar problem Catboy!

Attached Files:

6. HelenB

HelenB Member

Realised this thread is a year old but did you get any of the issues sorted Catboy?