Hi All! New 8V Owner 2013 TDI! With My Mods to date!

Give us a shout when you're getting rid, providing I'm not skint from from xmas shopping

Reactions: pburv and RyanCudlip
@TimWills28 ahh I see! Looks really nice man. I really like the nice blend all the way around it's not a jump in tint.

Do you not get any unwanted attention from the police?

And sorry about the very late reply haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and TimWills28
4b2602281feeb4aeb05895588cbb9874.jpg
002dbf42e5de5a8e640d112acbf36574.jpg
6e74c2c9182a6a37fe418fec0be08663.jpg

Wow these are nice Ryan! I am also interested.But I do believe Tim has first dibs on these? :whistle2:
Unless you have a change of mind Tim :friends:

Reactions: pburv
@TimWills28 ahh I see! Looks really nice man. I really like the nice blend all the way around it's not a jump in tint.

Do you not get any unwanted attention from the police?

And sorry about the very late reply haha

Exactly what I was going for, which meant not too dark on the rears...

Haven't had any attention from police tbh long may it continue

Reactions: MKC and pburv
Cheers probably never to be honest, car being silver doesn't really show up that much as opposed to black

I think its more that its out of balance as your painted the window trim matching chrome grill Black, so the window trims look uber odd.

Reactions: TimWills28
I think its more that its out of balance as your painted the window trim matching chrome grill Black, so the window trims look uber odd.

Unless you're actually looking for it, I don't see it...not on my to do list.
7720f52a0d6f5c6f19569f8b8504bc15.jpg

Reactions: Neil73
Don't do it Tim, the chrome looks so much better on your colour car than the black rubber trim would. Just saying!

Reactions: TimWills28 and MKC
Don't do it Tim, the chrome looks so much better on your colour car than the black rubber trim would. Just saying!

Did cross my mind when I first got it when i de chromed the grill, but as I left the front and rear badge chrome, I thought I'd leave the window trim as you can see it doesn't stand out that bad

It totally does stand out :) ruins it to be honest, but hey ho each to their own

Who has black rubber trim? does that exist? or is that just on the poverty spec cars?

hi would it be possible for a link to the Glovebox light led bulb used ? thanks

Hope this helps, do not use my method if you have the chance! Get the pins and push them through! Job done!

Then speak to @DJAlix to activate it all up!

My Plans!

Cruise control
Auto lights
Coming home lights
Reverse camera
Interior lights cup holders
Lights interior led
Louder Audio system
Tints
Spray wheels, photoshop first
Wrap grill
Headlight bulb 5000k
Door warning lights
Remap or DTUK box
I have a d tuk box for sale

Hope this helps someone! Big thanks to @DJAlix...This job is in preparation for Cruise Control Retrofit

Hi Mate, fitted the cruise control system to my 8V recently but can't seem to code it in with VCDS. Looked at your guide on youtube but the process you use isn't available as the button is greyed out. Any suggestions?

Hope this helps someone! Big thanks to @DJAlix...This job is in preparation for Cruise Control Retrofit

Hi Mate, fitted the cruise control system to my 8V recently but can't seem to code it in with VCDS. Looked at your guide on youtube but the process you use isn't available as the button is greyed out. Any suggestions?

Cannot be done with VCDS mate .. final part needs audi authorised dealer like @DJAlix to -activate with different program...

Installation is quite straight forward but the parts need to be all correct and coded to the car properly...

Give him a message... VAGCARCODING

Reactions: Tom Shields
Cruise control cannot be coded via VCDS and alike on MQB vehicles, it has to be activated via the official VW Group service and diagnostic application via unique activation code, number and PIN number..... unique to the serial number of the parts used during the install. If you have used second hand parts then you will never be able to activate them as all the “codes” are single use.

Reactions: Tom Shields
Cruise control cannot be coded via VCDS and alike on MQB vehicles, it has to be activated via the official VW Group service and diagnostic application via unique activation code, number and PIN number..... unique to the serial number of the parts used during the install. If you have used second hand parts then you will never be able to activate them as all the “codes” are single use.
All brand new parts from TPS