HI! About to buy this but looking at it, something dont look right..

uksingh1111

Reaction score
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...ry=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200714278504164 hope the link works if not here are the pics and details..

HTML:
http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=509232374
HTML:
http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=509232495
HTML:
http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=509232539

2003 03 Reg AUDI A4 1.9 TDi 130 Sport4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Diesel, 43,000 miles, Metallic Silver. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Climate Control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Electrically adjustable seats, Lumbar support, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Sports seats. audi bodystyling kit full audi service history stunning car price to sell at £10,990.

I think it looks good but its the front bumper that is bugging me, it looks a little out and the registration number is not available as the company has its own plate on so i cant do a HPI check. ive seen a couple of other a4's with the bumper jus slighty out but i dont know if this is dodgy or not, any advice would be gr8! thanks.

by the way, i usually sell my cars after about 2-3 years and id like to know if this model would hold its value more than say an 1.9 tdi SE or even the sport models with out the kit? cheers

That bodykit is the dealer-fit audi-votex kit. It's a stick-on kit and they all look like that. Many owners have been searching high and low for that kit, but they are pretty scarce. It's bonded onto the lower section of the bumper, so it does not sit flush with the top section of the bumper. Contact the dealer for the reg so that you can do a history check on the car, seems like a very reasonable price to me.

It hasnt got leccy windows in the back??????? Oh my god no electric windows in the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont buy if it has no back electric windows, oh my oh my, oh dear no leccy windows, tutt tutt. Im sorry to be sarcastic but does it really matter???????????? Sounds and looks like a crackin motor singh at a good price, those votex kits are rare as hens teeth. Go buy it dude, but your life will never be the same with no back leccy windows.... lol. A good job every body is not that negative.:eyebrows:

46TheDoctor said:
It hasnt got leccy windows in the back??????? Oh my god no electric windows in the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont buy if it has no back electric windows, oh my oh my, oh dear no leccy windows, tutt tutt.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :jester: :jester: :jester: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

oh thats gud, i thought it was a dodgy kit but thanks for info, i didnt realise it didnt have rear lekky windows, my other car (an a6 ooo yeh another audi) has them but then again i wont be sittin in the bak lol ;) ! is that kit gud then? like wen i come to sell it will it attract interest?

cheers! an by the way arthur ur a4 spec luks crazy! did you buy it brand new from showroom or used etc or even retro fit some of the stuff coz i dont think ive seen a a4 with that kind of equipment on autotrader. also is the bose system any good? in my a6 i think its the standard setup as its only an SE model with not much toys n i cant see any bose badges but the sound is unbelievabley good. (and thats using crappy tapes or tape to ipod adapator! seriously need to get a cd upgrade)

Bought it second-hand about 18 months ago, it had the older Sat Nav Plus, which I had swapped for the RNS-E and had the bluetooth retrofitted at the same time.
I'm not an audiophile, but I think the Bose is really good, it has a much richer and deeper sound than the standard audio which I had in my previous A4.

hmm if i get the a4 then ill be considering the rns-e unit, only thing is ill need a double din cage which aint a prob but its the filing down of the climate control unit. ive been very tempted to get sat nav for the a6 but its jus the faffing about thats putting me off. ive got a spare alpine headunit to slot in which retails for abt 350 but it looks the total opposite to classy, too many flashy lights n etc.

uksingh1111 said:
hmm if i get the a4 then ill be considering the rns-e unit, only thing is ill need a double din cage which aint a prob but its the filing down of the climate control unit. ive been very tempted to get sat nav for the a6 but its jus the faffing about thats putting me off. ive got a spare alpine headunit to slot in which retails for abt 350 but it looks the total opposite to classy, too many flashy lights n etc.
I retro fitted RNS-E to mine and filed the Climate control down as well. There is nothing at all to it, just a case of taking your time thats all.

And ther is nothing wrong with keep fit windows in the back either, like you said, you wont be sitting there..!!

that a4 is sold!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :ohmy:

im just wondering now, say if i was to get one that didnt have any kit on it and it was just normal with the bottom of the front,side and rear bumpers being black, how much does it cost to get them colour coded?

Theres a lot of talk about this one. I was quoted £250 from my local paintshop.

uksingh1111 said:

im just wondering now, say if i was to get one that didnt have any kit on it and it was just normal with the bottom of the front,side and rear bumpers being black, how much does it cost to get them colour coded?
Even though the Votex kit is rarer than rocky horse sh*t you can find plenty A4's, especially around the 04 reg with the GmbH kit so you should be able to find one of them.
You can also buy the Votex kit from Audi accessories if you want to go that way.

yeh ill have to have a look around or maybe ask around for the votex kit. so rare tho, like out of 200 results or something on autotrader only 2 with the kit came up.

If you dont mind coming to leicester and you aint too far, I can get them coded for £150 - £180.
uksingh1111 said: