Hi 30mm or 60mm lowering on A3

ALP A3

alp a3
Reaction score
Hi iv just got my self an Audi A3 1.8T and think it has to much space between the arches. I have the old RS4 wheels (225/45 VR/17) and want to lower it. what do you think will be the best choice 30mm 0r 60mm thanks.

Mines 40mm and I wouldnt want it much lower due to the speed bumps round here.

60mm would look great but for me I need to stay a bit practical too.

I was looking at The Eibach Pro-Kit that can lower it 40mm do you think that is a good choice . thanks

Eibach have a good reputation so I'm sure its a good kit.

I have the Wietec 40mm Ultra GT kit fitted on mine and cant rate it highly enough.

T

if i put lowered uprated springs with 35mm drop and uprated dampers, who essential is it to do these adjustable tie bars everyone going on about, these seem cos as much if not more than suspension kits lol

if i put lowered uprated springs with 35mm drop and uprated dampers, who essential is it to do these adjustable tie bars everyone going on about, these seem cos as much if not more than suspension kits lol

If your cars FWD then you dont need them ;)

Lowering your car, does it improve handling in anyway at a certain point, eg 30 mm 35 mm 40 mm etc, or is it purely for styling. ?

how can it not improve handling? surely minimum body roll from lowered stffer springs improves handling?? to a certain point

how can it not improve handling? surely minimum body roll from lowered stffer springs improves handling?? to a certain point

To reduce body roll and do a proper job you need to get thicker anti roll bars.

A lowering kit will improve handling as long as you get a decent kit but add some beefier ARB's and you'll be well happy ;)

being front wheel drive i tend suffer from some under steer hoping decent suspension kit will minimise this as well as going up to a 17" wheel with good tyres, do you think i'd need to upgrade to poly bushes at front to?

cheers for all the free advice but i'm used to just sticking on set lowering springs on previous cars but finally found a car i like and want to keep so looking to get the set up as good as i can since its a keeper lol

being front wheel drive i tend suffer from some under steer hoping decent suspension kit will minimise this as well as going up to a 17" wheel with good tyres, do you think i'd need to upgrade to poly bushes at front to?

cheers for all the free advice but i'm used to just sticking on set lowering springs on previous cars but finally found a car i like and want to keep so looking to get the set up as good as i can since its a keeper lol

I wanted to properly sort the handling on my car so went for the whole lot. Standard bushes are fine though to be honest.

I went for the KW ARB's because I thought I should get it all done at once to save having to do it later. Have to say I'm very happy with the way it turned out, the difference between the old set up and new is like night and day.

They really are quite poo as standard!.

My Quattro has been dropped to 60mm, although I swear it looks more! But be warned, you will have to crawl over humps and be careful of ramps! especially iof you're staying on 17's...I'm currently on 17's...just waiting on my new wheels...But 40mm would be most practical...