Hey guys, what's your opinion on Raywell wheels?

Reaction score
I found these wheels on Google images by accident and visually i absolutely love them. I'm thinking about buying a set of 20" JRR-Hyper Silver to put on my A5 convertible but to be honest i think their slightly a bit pricey in comparison to other 20" variants out there.

Just wanted to know if anybody on here has a set on there car, if so i would love to see some pics plus generally i would like to know what people thought of them.

Thanks in advance.
Scar :)

Reactions: THQuattro
Off the car errrm not sure, on the car - love them .. which is odd as I wouldn't say they were my sort of wheel design ..

How much are you talking for a set of 4+rubber? Are they forged or lightweight etc.? Always good if you can reduce unsprung weight ..

Reactions: TheBlackScarface
Off the car errrm not sure, on the car - love them .. which is odd as I wouldn't say they were my sort of wheel design ..
I completely agree with you, off the car they look like most wheels on the market but on the car they look absolutely gorgeous lol.

How much are you talking for a set of 4+rubber?.
I haven't called them yet because i wanted to get quite a few peoples opinion before i do but I'm guessing with a set of Pirelli P Zero's it would be £2000+.

Are they forged or lightweight etc.? Always good if you can reduce unsprung weight ..
Sorry mate I'm a complete NooB when it comes to wheels so i dont know what 'forged' means lol

http://www.ozracing.co.uk/technology_det/production/25112/FORGING.aspx

In basic terms it means the wheel is lighter and stronger than some other methods for producing wheels ..

Unsprung weight, so lighter wheels is always supposed to be a good idea, as your suspension can react quicker to surface changes.

Whether any of the above is noticeable to the average driver on the road I'm not sure. On track perhaps, but the A5 is hardly a track weapon.

I guess the only advice with alloys is to make sure they are decent quality, so they don't easily buckle or crack if you hit pot holes, mind you some OEM wheels do that :whistle2:

http://www.ozracing.co.uk/technology_det/production/25112/FORGING.aspx

In basic terms it means the wheel is lighter and stronger than some other methods for producing wheels ..

Unsprung weight, so lighter wheels is always supposed to be a good idea, as your suspension can react quicker to surface changes.
Just read the article in the link you provided and all i can say is 'Wow'. So basically forged wheels = better suspension, braking, stronger wheels and better cornering/handling?

Whether any of the above is noticeable to the average driver on the road I'm not sure. On track perhaps, but the A5 is hardly a track weapon.
I've had loads of fast cars in the past but now I've only got a 1.8 TFSI S Line (slow). I'm just into cruising these days because you cant drive fast anywhere any more without getting a ticket lol.

I guess the only advice with alloys is to make sure they are decent quality, so they don't easily buckle or crack if you hit pot holes, mind you some OEM wheels do that :whistle2:
Yeah ill defo ask them when i give them a bell, whether they are forged or not.

Reactions: TheFiftheElement
The A5 is a lovely car, so would be a shame to ruin it with some 40kg + Halfrauds Fox alloys .. however @ 2K+ with decent rubber for the JRR's above, I'm sure they will be fine.

Just watch out for kerbs and potholes!

The A5 is a lovely car, so would be a shame to ruin it with some 40kg + Halfrauds Fox alloys .. however @ 2K+ with decent rubber for the JRR's above, I'm sure they will be fine.

Just watch out for kerbs and potholes!
You nearly made me spit out my apple juice when i read that (halfrauds) hilarious lol.

I know by putting 20" wheels on the car will make it less comfortable but its a sacrifice I'm willing to except because visually the car will look insane. I will also be putting spaces on so the wheels will be parallel to the arches.

The A5 in the pictures is lowered IMO, so you may not get that exact look, but wheels do look good on the car.
JG

The A5 in the pictures is lowered IMO, so you may not get that exact look, but wheels do look good on the car.
JG
I was thinking about getting the car lowered but then it would be a nightmare going over speed bumps but do you think the car would still look good as normal with just the wheels?

It's alot of money to put out then decide you don't think it sits right, a quick google search, a look on A5-OC, or ask on here for pic's of A5's on 20's may help you make up your mind, better making an informed choice when it comes to bigger wheels mate.
JG

It's alot of money to put out then decide you don't think it sits right, a quick google search, a look on A5-OC, or ask on here for pic's of A5's on 20's may help you make up your mind, better making an informed choice when it comes to bigger wheels mate.
JG
Ok thanks for the heads up dude, much appreciated.

Reactions: RS5 JON