Compact Disc Changer
Fog Lights
Metallic Paint
Illuminated Sun Visors
Central Locking
Mileage Verified 111k
Coloured Skirts
£7395.00

Good buy?? Hope so, goin 2moro to drive her....

[ QUOTE ]
at the bottom of listing, £7395.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I saw this one on autotrader and was drooling over it myself, if its as good as it looks you'll have a nice car. An S4 is my next car although with a baby on the way later in the year its going to be some way off yet.

NO Leather? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Theres a nice yellow avant in plymouth, but its at £12,500 ish :S

very good; its very like XVW's car, same colour but he has leather...
He paid more than that fo his but it did have low mileage,

Looks good, make sure its had belts or get it done soon

nice colour let us know how the test drive goes

I'd definately wait to get one with leather, there's plenty about.
Can't believe some idiot spec'd a 40k car without leather.

theres an imola on rs246.com, chipped, bimoto wheels on it, only been up for sale a couple days

Well, went through today, but didn't end up taking it out. Going back on Tues for the test drive.

One of the employees failed to turn in only leaving one guy on the premises. Unfortunately he was turing away people left right and centre for test drives.

I asked to go on my own but his insurance policy will only cover me if an employee of the company was present.

However, started the car and sounded sweet as a nut. no rattles or bangs. No smoke from exhaust. I know it needs a proper run out to get warm etc.

As for leather interior, im not that phased by it.

Only thing that did make me think is the fact there is no cambelt cover on it? Do the S4's not have these? I kno some car dont.

It has been looked after, there is only one small scrape on front bumper and two small 'stone' chip like marks on o/s/r door.

Car was serviced an Robinson Audi in Norfolk by both owners and belts changed at 67K.

How often should the belts be changed on these engines?

Gave me a poor p/ex (as car dealers do!) so putting mine on ebay tonight. If i dont like S4, then I'll go for a nive 1.8 Red T quattro he has.

mileage is 79K on a 99 'v' reg, for 6K. half leather interior.

What is the difference between a plain 'T' or a red 'T' badge??

Looks very tidy too!

Yeah the seats will be the same as in the S4 because thats is what mine are like.

The red T badge on the A4 is on the 180bhp quattro model.

Ok, well it might be something to fall back on....

Also, with the S4, When he handed over the keys there was two, a small plastic workshop key and a regular, fixed key.....no flip remote key.
Although I didnt ask about the keys, should a 1999 car come with a Flip remote key? it does have the audi alarm which armed when i locked the car manually.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the prefacelift cars dont have the flip key, just a like standard key with a button on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll hopefully find out on tues when i return...

not sure if the a6 is same as s4, mine is 1999 and came with flip keys,, 2.7t's definently have timing belt covers

mine came with 3 keys
a fixed one
a flip one
a plastic key that only opens the doors.

1998 model.

S4 SHOULD come with 5 keys:

2 x Remote Keys
2 x Standard Keys
1 x Plastic key

At least that is what I got with my S4 from a dealer as a used car...

My 1995 b5 came with 3 keys, two normal keys with a torch, and one service/valet key.

My 2002 8L came with two remote flip keys, and a plastic wallet key.

As for it having been sericed at Robinsons Audi in Norwich - thats a plus point in my book, as they are excellent.

So maybe looking at it now...it did have cambelt/ timing belt cover....is there still a belt which is uncovered and perhaps runs the air con pump etc???

Also, the instrument cluster was illuminated from second i turned the key....as alot of TT's do.....is this normal on an S4??

It made no difference as to whether or not the side / dipped / main lights were on??

That would be the steering/Aircon belt mate,and yes the dash is lit from ignition on, It can be recoded to be of untill the lights are on IIRC with VAG-Com

THank you for the peace of mind......
the light illumination...i thought was cool but wasnt sure if normal.

Do people honestly think its a good buy?
Been looking on autotrader...mind is a little thrown about now.

The car is in mint condition. very well looked after!! i must admit!

I'm sure after i test drive it 2moz my heart will yes and my head will sasy no! I always follow my heart!!
looks like i'll end up with it!!!!!

Well, i walked away again today...only this time i was £500 lighter after a deposit and a great big f-ing smile from one side of the road to the other!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
Get it early next week!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

may i be the first to congratulate you
any comments on the test drive?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Nice one dude, why not lighten yourself by another £500 & get a remap to 310+ pony's.

By the way, you may want to change your username, S4_dan maybe?

[ QUOTE ]
may i be the first to congratulate you
any comments on the test drive?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and thank you.

It took me 10mins to peel myself out of the seat!!!

Very quick and nice.

I was expecting alot of 'grunt' noise from engine, but it was very quite and smooth.

only thing i did notice when i 1st pulled away, the car was a little lumpy but then after that it was fine....
might of been me...not driven a quick petrol car for ages.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice one dude, why not lighten yourself by another £500 & get a remap to 310+ pony's.

By the way, you may want to change your username, S4_dan maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be very tempted.....

would a re-map increase it to such bhp?

Im not sure what the standard bhp is on my car.

Is there a specific re-map place i should go?
I am thinking about gettin a grand through my credit union and doing some little improvements!!!

Dan

I would get used to driving the car first then go for the re-map,help you get a better feel for the car first ............sorry for been senseable

Oh aye nice car by the way

you are probably right Rev-head.

It's been about 18months since i last drive a turbo'd, high powered car.
I want the change the F pipe, DV's for 710N's and give the car a full health check before i really start adding to it.

well done mate. You'll love it.

the best thing about it is........this web site. it must be the worlds best B5 forum.

I would say in the UK for sure but not the best World wide, no disrespect to Audi-Sport as I lover this place but I can think of three other sites that also have a lot to offer.